New photo essay (Tube Screamer) **PICS!!!

Started by Fp-www.Tonepad.com, November 17, 2005, 07:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Here it is, how to make a tube screamer, almost a step by step pictorial guide on how to populate our tube screamer boards, of course the information also applies to most of the other projects.

http://www.tonepad.com/photoessay.asp?photoEssayID=24

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

trjones1

Good work.  It really shows the excellent layouts of your boards, with all the offboard connections logically and neatly laid out.

The solder mask also looks great.  When did you start using that?

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Not too long ago, and I've only done it with the more popular designs. My plan is to have most of the boards include solder mask and silver pads at some point, but it'll take a while.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

troubledtom

brother, that is very , very good work. damn , if someone can't build it from that essay. they should stick to mowing the grass.
    i don't like Tube Screamers , myself , but GREAT job man!
                     - tt :icon_wink:

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Thanks Tom,

I personally preffer the Big Muff, but I figured the TS is the most popular of the boards I offer, so I did it for that one.

The information on the pictures pretty much applies to any other stompbox project at tonepad (and other sites as well).

:)
Fp

troubledtom

hey FP ,
    keep up the great work!
            i'd like to see you do some parrapedal pcbs some time soon :icon_razz: :icon_wink: :icon_twisted:
                   peace and good health,
                               - tom

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Ok, I'll bite... What's a "parrapedal"? where's the schematic?

Fp

MR COFFEE

I'm with Tom.

Practically a Heathkit - Nice work!
Bart

KMS

Pretty cool FP!

I have never seen a solder mask before.  You would have to make an effort to mess that up! :icon_lol:
DIY with-a-little-help from my freinds
DIY with-a-little-help from my freinds

formerMember1

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

jimbob

Thats awsome!!!  I with that was there when I 1st started. ALthough Im certain I still would have asked a few dumb or obvious questions. :icon_lol:

Its very beginner freindly except Im sure theyll wonder how to connect all the other wires to the switch, led, and power.

Great work and great new boards!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

:)

There's a project at tonepad called "Offboard wiring" it has a few different wiring options. I will make a photo essay only on how to do offboard wiring sometime before the year ends.

Fp