Tim Escobedos - Tytewadd: Transistors?

Started by MaxMotion, November 19, 2005, 09:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxMotion

Hello Forum,

i have builded the Tydewadd on this Verolayout:

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album17/TYTEWADD1

...but it does not work!

The Resistors and Caps are right. On the Transistors I am not sure. I have taken two 2N5088. Is this right?

I used the Search but have not found anything!

Please help me!

Greetings from Germany.

Sascha

MartyMart

Q1  5088 or 3904 etc
Q2 is a J201 fet  !

Marty.

Edit   GREAT little movie BTW  !!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

MaxMotion

Hi,

I have got another Question: Which Diodes are good for the Tytewadd?

Thanks

jmusser

He's calling for Si (silicon) diodes, and that's usually 1N4148s or 1N914s. Out of the gobs of circuits I've made of Tim's, i've never made that one. Let me know how it sounds.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

MartyMart

Jeff, it's another "classic"  !! a fantastic little OD/Fuzz  :D
Well done Tim !
( I used 1N4148 )

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

Yun

Quote from: MartyMart on November 20, 2005, 05:52:58 AM
Jeff, it's another "classic"  !! a fantastic little OD/Fuzz  :D
Well done Tim !
( I used 1N4148 )

MM.

How can it be both OD and fuzz  ???
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

Yun

PS Woops, that kinda sounded like a "harsh snobby" question  :icon_eek: .  i in no way intended that, man  :icon_smile:
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

MartyMart

No probs, it has a good range from "kind of overdrive" through fuzz
IMO  :D

MM

Yun

Quote from: MartyMart on November 20, 2005, 05:35:35 PM
No probs, it has a good range from "kind of overdrive" through fuzz
IMO  :D

MM

Oooooh okay.  Hello, my name is Yun; aparently- me and earth have not met  :icon_redface:   :icon_lol:

jmusser

Yea Yun, there are a several circuits out there that either by turning down the effects gain, or your guitar's volume knob that's driving the circuit, you can get boost, overdrive, and fuzz out of the same circuit. No, they're not perfectly individual, but not bad either.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".