Ge FuzzFace schematic I drew,...Errors? Update of layout,....

Started by formerMember1, December 05, 2005, 12:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formerMember1

Quotehow'd you get the traces to print out like that formerMember1?

after drawing the layout in express, i usually go to the options on top left drop menu, then go to display colors or something,..
I make the background white, and top layer black, hide grid, and hide corners, make the board perimeter black not yellow,..

Then use my mouse scroll to enlarge the layout until it is max resolution on screen, then scroll away one time so it is smaller,..then hit printscreen on keyboard, (next to F12 and scroll lock), i then go to paint, and paste it, trim only the layout to be seen and cut it, then open a new paint, and paste the layout in, then go to attributes to get rid of extra white/blank space, then save it, then use the software printkey 2000 to print it out at different scale to get it right,..usually 25-30% works for me, and if you need to fine tune it, there is a menu that you could do that, to get between 25-30% etc,...

I print it out on lightest ink setting on inkjet, then put the printout over a piece of styrofoam, and use a dental pick from smallbear to poke holes in pads, then insert components, as if it was the board, then rework layout to make room for some parts, or make parts lay down etc,..that is what works for me,...

http://home.pb.net/~kclarke/pub/printkey510ef.zip            <<<<free version of printkey is what i use (thanks to paul marossy for telling me about it)

QuoteThicker = Better.

Etch away!

Cool, thanks!!