Dirty Sanchez Vero layout

Started by Toney, December 09, 2005, 05:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

Just a quicky, with thanks to Dragonfly.
schem here:
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/Dragonfly-FX-Schematics-%21/DIRTY_SANCHEZ_SCHEMATIC
Crackle, splat, ronk.......Eeees feeelthy.

Toney.

Connoisseur of Distortion

no slowing you down, huh?   ;)

vero layouts are very nice. my least favorite part is cutting traces, but even that's not too bad...

MartyMart

Very cool !
Re cutting traces :
I have a screw driver body/handle with a grub screw for fitting heads,
a 5mm drill bit fits in and can then be used with some comfort... perhaps
this idea helps ?

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

MartyMart

Toney, i like the added 1N4001 protection diode, if you made it
one hole wider, you could squeeze in a small 47/100uf power filter cap too !
I use them all the time ....

:D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Toney

TheBigMan

Wow Toney, you're cranking them out.  Another very nice looking layout.  :)

I use one of those trace cutter thingies which is just a drill bit in a handle.  Got it for £2 or so from Rapid, Maplin want £7.50 for the same thing!  Sometimes if I'm short of space I'll just slice the trace with a scalpel rather than taking up a whole pad though.

Dragonfly

nice looking layout !

couple of things you might address....

1) you might wish to label the C-B-E  transistor locations on the sockets.

2) my last name is "Carrell", not "Carrel"  ;)

3) for those wishing for less "nastiness", playing with the values of the 10k resistors on Q2/Q3 will help bring them into proper bias....me, i like the nastiness  :icon_twisted:

rock on !

andy

wampcat1

Quote from: Dragonfly on December 09, 2005, 02:12:55 PM
nice looking layout !

couple of things you might address....

1) you might wish to label the C-B-E  transistor locations on the sockets.

2) my last name is "Carrell", not "Carrel"  ;)

3) for those wishing for less "nastiness", playing with the values of the 10k resistors on Q2/Q3 will help bring them into proper bias....me, i like the nastiness  :icon_twisted:

rock on !

andy

DOH!! I thought it was Carroll...I must change that in my book!!  :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

jmusser

Hey Dragonfly, didn't you mention something one time about having a sustain feature on that pedal, so that you could switch in and out from the gated tone, to a smoother tone for leads? It may have been no more than just routing it through a higher resistance pot, and adding another stomp switch, but I can't remember.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

bluesdevil

As Discussed in a previous post, put a Darlington in the Q1 spot (MPSA13 or MPSA18?) and it's a real monster!! 
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

bluesdevil

Also change the 10k that's on the collector of Q3 to 47k... thickens it up in tone and less gating. I ended up putting a switch between the two. These mods really bring out the killer thats lurking in this pedal!!!!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

Dragonfly

Quote from: jmusser on December 09, 2005, 02:45:53 PM
Hey Dragonfly, didn't you mention something one time about having a sustain feature on that pedal, so that you could switch in and out from the gated tone, to a smoother tone for leads? It may have been no more than just routing it through a higher resistance pot, and adding another stomp switch, but I can't remember.

Q2/Q3 collector values can be made switchable....  or you can just use a pot/trimmer and adjust to taste !

Dragonfly

Quote from: wampcat1 on December 09, 2005, 02:16:37 PM

DOH!! I thought it was Carroll...I must change that in my book!!  :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

:)

i exist simply to confuse people !

Dragonfly

Quote from: bluesdevil on December 09, 2005, 03:27:43 PM
As Discussed in a previous post, put a Darlington in the Q1 spot (MPSA13 or MPSA18?) and it's a real monster!! 

mpsa13 works well...

also...this has a LOUD volume boost, so keep it turned down when you power up your rig !

Toney

Quote from: Dragonfly on December 09, 2005, 02:12:55 PM
my last name is "Carrell", not "Carrel"  ;)

Gee, posting when tired never the best idea. :icon_rolleyes:
I'll fix that now , mate. :D

Toney

Let me add a vote for an mpsa13 in Q1.

Becomes mental boost/sustain machine.
Fun,fun.

Ken

G'day all,

re: cutting vero board traces try using a small drill bit works perfectly for me.

:icon_biggrin:

Cheers Ken.