Pro co the Rat Vero layout

Started by smccusker, December 09, 2005, 05:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luwiss

I finished!Worked perfectly, but the filter did not work, probably i did something wrong.Tomorrow i put in order.Thanx for layout!!!!!!and the one who corrected he also!

spudulike

That trace cut is already there.

george

Quote from: Luwiss on February 03, 2006, 07:08:39 PM
I finished!Worked perfectly, but the filter did not work, probably i did something wrong.Tomorrow i put in order.Thanx for layout!!!!!!and the one who corrected he also!

cool!!! good work!!  I've got the parts for mine, just have to crack the veroboard to the right size :-\

343 Salty Beans

*I AM AN IDIOT  ;D*

Toney

Quote from: Luwiss on February 02, 2006, 04:01:06 PM
Why cut track 6 hole 2(under R4)?

Good question. I think the answer is as spudulike says.... the Torchy layout was unfinished.
That cut is superfluous.

As for the line 3 trace cut addition.....I am not seeing it in the image in this post, although I see it mentioned as added.
Could I be seeing an older image?

george

Quote from: Toney on February 05, 2006, 08:07:46 PM
Quote from: Luwiss on February 02, 2006, 04:01:06 PM
Why cut track 6 hole 2(under R4)?

Good question. I think the answer is as spudulike says.... the Torchy layout was unfinished.
That cut is superfluous.

As for the line 3 trace cut addition.....I am not seeing it in the image in this post, although I see it mentioned as added.
Could I be seeing an older image?

It might be an older copy cached by your browser - try going back it and hitting refresh

Toney

Ah..there we go.

New 'puter... hmm time to adjust browser settings...

Xavier

Just sold my original Rat II, but I don't want to really lose it, so out of some scavenged parts (and a new LM308 at 4€ >:() I'm building it.

Just one question. What will happen soundwise if I use a 2N5457 or J201 instead of the 2N5458?

Processaurus

I used a 2n5457 in mine I'm building right now, it works fine, its just a follower/buffer, I imagine any of those are good subs.  I noticed on the rat, the gate of the fet isn't biased, I biased mine to 4.5v with an extra 1M from it to +9v, it works, but so does the stock way, obviously.  Should it make any difference?

PS I used this layout and it works, and sounds like a rat should.  It'll even fit vertically in a BB size box, which is nice.