Christmas Bonus! Ross Comp Vero layout...

Started by Toney, December 22, 2005, 01:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

Avoid your relatives........make this instead...

Haven't built it yet.....think all the bits are in the right places.

Enjoy! :D   Toney.

Fuzzcentral info here...http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/compressor.html

Xavier

WHOA !!!!!

This is a good one !!! Thank you Toney. Probably I'm not the only one who was waiting to see the vero layout for this particular effect......

Output is center lug of level pot right
Input is 2m2
Ground is trace #10 starting from the upper one

Am I right?

Toney

Input at R2/C1 on line four from bottom.
Output is at Volume pot lug 2.
Will update as soon as Photobucket comes back online.
Was rushing for a walk by the beach and a beer at the end...perfect day here in Melbourne.
Cheers, Toney.

Xavier

Quote from: Toney on December 22, 2005, 03:51:59 AM

Input at R2/C1 on line four from bottom.
Output is at Volume pot lug 2.
Will update as soon as Photobucket comes back online.
Was rushing for a walk by the beach and a beer at the end...perfect day here in Melbourne.
Cheers, Toney.

Enjoy your well deserved beer !!! :)

MartyMart

Great Toney  :D
You deserve that beer ..... make it a few  !!!

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Melanhead

wicked! ... are you sure you're not related to Torchy  :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks!

barret77

cab42

Amazing, I actually started to make a Ross layout yesterday (or to be precise, modify Torchy's Dynacomp layout to a Ross)

Toney, thanks it looks great. I'm looking forward to build. I am planning to put it in the same enclosure as my Orange squeezer as a kind of dual compressor.

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

Toney

I'll try to find time and build it over the next couple of days.
Got to get it verification-erized.

Carsten, I was thinking the same thing ... dual compressor.

barret77

Quote from: cab42 on December 22, 2005, 04:04:01 PM
I am planning to put it in the same enclosure as my Orange squeezer as a kind of dual compressor.

hmmm that's interesting;
What you put first in the signal? The Ross or the Orange?
Do you know if they work well together? Are there required mods to put both in series?

hairyandy

Quote from: barret77 on December 23, 2005, 11:44:43 AM
hmmm that's interesting;
Do you know if they work well together? Are there required mods to put both in series?

I know they'd work great together and I don't think that there would be anything tough about putting them together.  Check out http://www.analogman.com/rossmod.htm to see Analog Mike's version.  I've had the chance to play his Bi-comprosser a lot and I loved it...

Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

cab42

Quote from: barret77 on December 23, 2005, 11:44:43 AM
hmmm that's interesting;

Well, I haven't planned that much really  :icon_smile:

I havent's used the two together. Actually my homebrew O.S is the first compressor I have ever tried, I like the subtle effect it delivers, but would also like something more "hearable", which I understand the Ross gives.

Without giving it much thought I would put the Ross first, followed by the O.S. I would mount them as two separate effects in one box with two stompswitches so I could use one or another or both. The idea is that the O.S could add an "edge" to the Ross if it sounds good. Otherwise the common enclusure's just a method to save space on the pedal board.

Maybe a switch could be installled in order to change sequence? Anyone tried that?

BTW: on ustomp.com a dual orange squeezer is shown, where each of the amps in the 4558 is used for two orange squeezers in series.

Regards

Carsten

edit: Andy's post came I was writing. I will check out AnalogMans site.
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

hilbi

hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

hairyandy

Yes, I've built it and it came out great.  Keep in mind that Mark Hammer's mods (variable recovery and treble compensation) are built into this layout...
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

markm

Quote from: hairyandy on August 15, 2006, 07:02:35 AM
Yes, I've built it and it came out great.  Keep in mind that Mark Hammer's mods (variable recovery and treble compensation) are built into this layout...

I wasn't aware of this, thanks for the info!
Strange.....another "vintage" post coming back!
All these old threads being resurrected is kinda like re-runs on the Boob-Tube  :icon_lol: