Switching modes & CD4066

Started by jbm222, December 22, 2005, 05:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbm222

I want to build a 2-circuits in one box distortion pedal... kinda like the VS J&H, but different sounds.  But I'd like to have some different switching options.  Two different modes.

In the first mode, i want it to operate just like the J&H.  One stomp switch to switch the low gain overdrive on/off, one for the high gain 2nd channel, so that can run one, none or both.

Then in the second mode, have an A/B switch that toggles between the two different distortions and the second switch would operate as a bypass for the whole thing.

A toggle switch to switch between modes.  Any thoughts on how to do this with minimal hardware?  The way I'm thinking right now, I could do it with just 2 CD4066s, two flip flops (4 logic states: A, B, A/B and off) and minimal combinational logic outside of that.  Since logic chips are cheap, cost isn't as much of an issue as the physical space and the complexity of the wiring.  I haven't sat down to apply proper engineering design procedures to this yet... and it probably wouldn't take long to do so... but if someone out there has already tackled this problem, I'd be interested in your input.