new thing modulator vero layout

Started by smccusker, December 23, 2005, 02:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smccusker

I had a crack at doing a vero layout for this simple circuit. this is the first time i've done a vero layout and i tried to keep it as tight as possible, though i still think it could be tighter. all comments welcome as always.

oh, the original schem is here

Guitar -> Amp

MartyMart

That's great ! :D
Just cut off the "spare" trace top 'n bottom .... ~:D

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

RLBJR65

Thanks, looks good. The more you do the easier it gets. It's small enough, other than cutting off the top and bottom strips like Marty said, I don't really see where you could save much space. 8 strips and 12 holes is only around 3/4" X 1 1/4" with the vero board I use.

You could eliminate that jumper on pin 2 just put the output cap in its place move the output up one strip. No need to cut the trace at pin 8 then either.

It would not help with this layout but if you use a socket for the IC you can run jumpers like this layouts pin 7 to ground connection, under the socket. Just something to keep in mind for future layouts.

Great job!
Richard
Richard Boop

MartyMart

Yes, jumpering 'under" the opamp socket is a nice trick and sometimes can save
you 2/3 "holes"  :D

Merry, Merry .....  MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

smccusker

Quote from: RLBJR65 on December 23, 2005, 07:10:06 AM
You could eliminate that jumper on pin 2 just put the output cap in its place move the output up one strip. No need to cut the trace at pin 8 then either.
ah, good idea. my spacial thinking is a bit rusty  :icon_confused:

thanks for the comments guys.
Guitar -> Amp

syndromet

It's a great little layout, but everything is wieved from the non-copper side. Just to let you know...
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com