Presenting: "the Screaming Eagle"

Started by smccusker, December 26, 2005, 06:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smccusker

Finally, after a lot of deliberating and ALOT of help from Colin of Experimentalists Anonymous fame, I'm unveiling my Screaming Eagle dual boost, effects and buffered feedback loop. It operates as either an effects loop with pre and post gain stages, or as a feedback loop with pre and post gain stages which allow for more contol over the madness. At the moment i've intended to have the feedback ammount controlled via expression pedal, but in the near future i might rig it up to an envelope follower attatched to the input for some really bizzare textures.

I offer to you all my (unconfirmed) schem and layout to get your valued opinons and suggestions.

Just a few notes on my layout, the jumper that runs from the 1uf cap to ground is intended to run underneath an IC socket, and the 4.7u cap on the far right side's - lead runs to the ground (this is probably obvious to everyone, it just looks alittle confusing now that i think about it).

I look forward to your comments/suggestions/criticisms.
-Sam

P.S. Hope you all had a great Holiday season
P.P.S. I should also point out that the schem was made by hacking up some GGG schems in paint, and as such some of the component numbers are mislabled and so on.
Guitar -> Amp

Peter Snowberg

From a quick look-see, you'll need to add a DC blocking cap on the return input, but other than that it looks great!

Congrats to to both of you. 8)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

smccusker

Quote from: Peter Snowberg on December 26, 2005, 09:10:04 PM
From a quick look-see, you'll need to add a DC blocking cap on the return input, but other than that it looks great!

Congrats to to both of you. 8)

Would that be another 0.1uf cap in line between the return and feedback pot?
Or going to ground?
Thanks for your comment!
Guitar -> Amp

A.S.P.

yes: in series between ret-jack tip and FB-pot.
Analogue Signal Processing

smccusker

Guitar -> Amp

britt-stinker

You would'nt have a "normal" layout for p'n'p.?

I would love this thing but I have no experience with vero and I don't think I will get in the near future.

-Britt-Stinker

smccusker

Nah I don't sorry. Feel free to do your own PCB layout though.
Guitar -> Amp