small stone "colour switch"

Started by markphaser, December 27, 2005, 12:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markphaser

Thanks George Giblet

The speed/rate pot changes the oscillation Frequency?

How do i change the "time period" of the LFO? because the output of a LFO is like 40ms or 15us or 60us triangle,sine,squarewaveforms
                                                                    im trying to adjust the "time period" of the LFO waveform how do i do this what part of
                                                                    the LFO circuit does this?

I thought the speed/rate pot change the negative feedback frequency?

How do i change the oscillators frequency?

R.G.

mp, this is an illustration of why I can't help you.

The time period of a cyclical wave is one divided by the frequency. One is the arithmetic inverse of the other.

You fail to grasp that frequency and time period are the inverse of one another, after being told so by multiple people, in different ways. You fail to grasp that the speed pot changes the frequency of the LFO, after being told so in multiple ways. You do not read the references presented to you by multiple people to help you. And that's just on Low Frequency Oscillators.

On top of that, you will not respond in any constructive way to requests for information about your background so that someone can inform you at a level you can understand. The fact that the time period of an oscillator is the arithmetic inverse of the frequency is one of the first things that one learns about AC waveforms. Therefore, you cannot have had that training to any significant degree, or cannot use the information if you did have it. This is only one of the things that make it obvious that you don't have much training in electronics.

It is incredibly inefficient and difficult for this group to train you in basic electronics by answering basic questions on an ad hoc basis as you think of them. Even if the group were willing to absorb themselves in providing individual tutoring for you, it would take essentially forever to respond to your questions and then go back on each question and teach you the background needed to understand any given answer. You cannot successfully get an airplane off the ground by finding out every few feet that you should have built more runway.

As I was sadly forced to note before, I cannot help you until and unless you will provide me with enough information to help you at the appropriate level. Your choosing not to do that seems to me to be a positive decision on your part not to participate in learning. And I cannot teach someone who says they want to learn, but only the bits and pieces that they are fondly eyeing at the instant, and not the foundations that would truly help them learn.

With regret, I have concluded that I cannot help you. I do hope that you are able to get some help someday.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Sir H C

I was bored and irked with this guy and did a search using some of his clues and found him on the following sites:

Gearslutz
walters

homerecording.com
walters
"walters is infamous around these parts"

diyaudio
walters9515

Harmony Central
walters9515

DIYStompboxes
markphaser

Plexi Palace
Brentwalters

Recordingconsoles.net
brent

Guitar Geek
walters9515

3daudio inc.
walters

From his questions you can tell it is the same person.  Some view him as performance art, some a nusance, I am thinking it is some grad student's attempt at AI and it is really just a software program we are all responding to.

markphaser

Yes i know frequency and time period are the inverse of one another

speed pot changes the frequency of the LFO? yea but only in the oscillators frequency range im trying to change the oscillators frequency
                                                                   range

Low Frequency Oscillators- What sets the oscillators frequency range?

The fact that the time period of an oscillator is the arithmetic inverse of the frequency is one of the first things that one learns about AC waveforms.

When making a LFO the LFO can be 40us, 60us,80us,40ms,60ms,80ms how do u set this?

The design of the oscillator has to have a FIXED frequency and then the speed pot changes the frequency of that range only
im trying to change the FIXED frequency and the time period of the output waveform

example if the LFO is 15hz or 20hz the speed pot can only vary so many frequencys i want to change the LFO to like 50hz how do i do this what sets the LFO "HZ" or frequency range

If the LFO is 15hz the time period of the LFOs output can change from 40us,60us,80us,40ms,60ms,80ms

the speed pot does change the time period of the LFO but its only a range of frequency/time period im trying to "change" the
time period into different "ranges"

bluesdevil

Please excuse me gentlemen, but I knew I would find all of you here with your attentions fully engaged, hahaha!!!  I'm not Walters, but could use some help on a Bad Stone debugging:
http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=40457.0

"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

markphaser

examples:

The univibe LFO frequency and time period ? the frequency of the univibe LFO is? the time period range is?

The Bad stone LFO frequency and time period ? the frequency of the univibe LFO is? the time period range is?

MXR Phase 90 LFO frequency and time period ? the frequency of the univibe LFO is? the time period range is?

MXR phase 100 LFO frequency and time period ? the frequency of the univibe LFO is? the time period range is?

DOD phaser LFO frequency and time period ? the frequency of the univibe LFO is? the time period range is?

BOSS phaser LFO frequency and time period ? the frequency of the univibe LFO is? the time period range is?

The frequency range of the FIX oscillation of the LFO is a certain range
The time period can range from 10ms-900ms or 10us - 900us ranges

R.G.

It's like shoveling sand against the tide.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Sir H C

markphaser

very good R.G

The univibe has a different time period output and oscillation frequency for the LFO
The speed/rate pot changes the time period or frequency of the oscillator but the range of the oscillation frequency is FIXED
so u can only get so many time periodes like 40us-100us or something its limited. By changes the LFO or oscillation frequencys
u can get more time periods this is what im talking about

Putting the probe down on the output of a LFO can see the sinewave or triangle wave and measure the time period and get the frequency but thats not the frequency of the frequency oscillations of the oscillator

R.G.

I'm sorry markphaser. You've refused to provide any cooperation that would let me provide effective help. Best of luck to you in the future.
R.G.

markphaser

I just asked how do i get more "time periods" out of a LFO and how to change the LFO Fixed oscillation frequency?
whats so hard about telling this?

R.G.

I'm sorry markphaser. You've refused to provide any cooperation that would let me provide effective help. Best of luck to you in the future.
R.G.

markphaser

Thats ok i didn't know i was doing anything wrong or refusing to provide any cooperation

R.G.

I thought I was pretty clear what information I needed to be able to help you. Remember your posts over on Ampage? And my responses?

R.G.

markphaser

i told u i don't have a electronic background with master degrees im just self taught whats the problem with knowing my electronic
background what does that have to do with anything. The question and answer will be the same my electronic background should have nothing to do with the answers to the questions so i don't know where u are going at with this. If i said i had a 4 yr electronic degree are you going to give me a 4yr degree answer to the question? or a 2yr degree answer to the questions?

no one ever

wow, its walters!  ;D

hello... you have legendary status in this forum. i've only read of you in the archives, and now you're back :icon_mrgreen:. i have nothing against you, and i wish i could answer some of your questions.

you are undeniably more knowledgeable than me, and i'm sure that if you spent a teensy bit more time helping others rather than asking your own questions, you would be more welcome here.

R.G. is pretty good at explaining things, try to accommodate him.
(chk chk chk)

markphaser

R.G. is pretty good at explaining things, try to accommodate him

Really he seems to want to know more about my electronic background then the questions i have posted
i wish someone would just explain and help out

The Tone God

markphaser, Have you tried to build anything ? If so what ? Some of the things you speak of might be easier to explain if you had a model to work with.

Andrew

PenPen

Quote from: markphaser on January 06, 2006, 07:10:31 PM
R.G. is pretty good at explaining things, try to accommodate him

Really he seems to want to know more about my electronic background then the questions i have posted
i wish someone would just explain and help out

I know I'm going to regret this. But look, knowing your background dictates how to explain things properly. You can't just rapid fire questions and expect us to be able to just blindly explain. There are some things you have to understand FIRST before you can understand others. Like a house, you can't put the roof on until you've built the walls. You can't build walls until you've built the floor. You can't build the floor until you've put in a foundation. Electronics are the same way. You are asking questions whose answers don't make sense unless you understand other things. If you don't understand the answer, then more questions come, and eventually its more than someone can just sit down and explain all at once. This is what R.G. was saying. You give no indication that you understand the responses, or even WHAT you understand about the responses, so how can we tell how we are to explain your other questions? They are all related to each other. You have to give us info back if you want us to give it to you. Thats how this forum works. We wish you would just explain yourself so we CAN help you out.

Seriously, you've managed to irritate R.G., who is probably one of the most knowledgable and easy-going people here. To get on his nerves is a tough task. Just give back the info we need to help and we'll see what we can do.

EDIT: spelling corrections

markphaser

sorry i asked about time periods and frequencys of a oscillator