tight fitting pedals

Started by Storing!, January 02, 2006, 08:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storing!

I'm rebuilding my Pedalboard.
Since the last change, 2 years ago, It contained 2 ibanez effects and a BOSS ME-8 (underrated piece off gear).
Before that I had and almost complete 9 and 0 series Ibanez board.
(As see in the top corner)

Because I liked as much effects as I could cramm  in a smaal space I used the following method:
I didn't use Jacks, but hardwired the pedals together like shown. The wires go through the Jack in and outputs.
The down side is less flexibel in change, The upside is better connections.

It has proven to be a very reliable method.

Anyone else using this?

Eric

MartyMart

Well, whatever works for you !
Why not just get a small "dual jack" connector ( normally brass )
That would only leave about 1,5 cm between pedals ... ?
Having them hard wired, makes any "changes" a PITA ..
MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

petemoore

I have one non DIY pedal, and Echo Park.
  I have eliminated jacks and hardwired multi-effect 'panels', hardwiring is very dependable, tidy, [after the first circuit, no additional in/out/or PS jacks are required] ez to wire up at a gig, but disallows pedal chain order changes.
  I did alot of pretesting of circuits before deciding which ones go in, and in what order, then further modding would often follow.
  But I wasn't going for tightness of build other than short signal wiring, and all offboard wiring coming from one side, I can see the bottom of the board by unscrewing only 1 screw.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

no one ever

giving pete cornish a run for his money...  ;D "if its not soldered, its degrading your sound" or something to that effect.
(chk chk chk)