News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Teese pedals

Started by aron, January 03, 2006, 12:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

After thinking about this, could we refrain from mentioning Teese products by name? Can we lump the products into "boutique" like we do some other products?

spudulike

Why ?

Have I missed something ?

RDV

Probably that big wah thread.

RDV

Paul Marossy

Yep, it is because of "the big wah thread" and it's out of respect for Mr. Teese.  :icon_wink:

StephenGiles

Please let me in on this, who is Mr Teese??
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

spudulike

I'm guessing he makes wahs.
Just a guess.

gez

Quote from: Paul Marossy on January 03, 2006, 11:37:31 AM
Yep, it is because of "the big wah thread" and it's out of respect for Mr. Teese.  :icon_wink:

:icon_question:

I typed in 'wah' in the search engine and there was a 9 page thread in Nov 20005...is that the thread??  I skimmed through it and didn't see anything that would explain this thread....

Mystified of London.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

gez

Ah, I just checked the Lounge.

Funny, but I didn't read a single post from that thread.  Then again, I tend to stay well clear of anything with 'Shootout' in the title... :icon_razz:
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

TELEFUNKON

so another "biggy" is lurking here with access to the OT Lounge?

RDV

Let's face the facts. Practically ALL the boo-teekers either lurk or post here with purpose of protecting their Intellectual Property, and who can blame them?

I emailed Teese one time and he's an alright guy and was quite helpful, but I'm sure reading his name here too much makes him nervous.

If I ever start trying to make my living off building pedals(god forbid) you won't see me here anymore except when somebody is distributing my IP without my knowledge.

RDV

aron

QuoteIf I ever start trying to make my living off building pedals(god forbid) you won't see me here anymore except when somebody is distributing my IP without my knowledge.

There is no way to prevent this. If I wanted to compete with someone, yes, I would measure their values and use that as added information when designing my own circuit. This forum is pretty limited as far as forums go. (So far) we really don't get on googles search - at least not everything, and the people here are hobbyists (sp).  In addition, how do you think the boutique guys decided on their values on something like an inductor???

Then there is the fine-tuning of each pedal/circuit:

For example, the Trainwreck amp is a popular ongoing topic. Do you really think anyone - even with the schematic/layout can tune the Trainwreck like Ken can? Only he can individually fine tune each amp.

Ever build several pedals? I swear they sound different. Even production pedals will have sonic differences.

All I am saying is that if I were on a competing level against someone else, I'd do the measurements myself - not trust what some 3rd party person posted on the internet.

I don't think Teese is monitoring the forum himself, other users are reporting to him.

RDV

I wouldn't say that any of these guys are sitting in their workshops with their eyes glued to a computer screen 24/7 scouring for their names, but the search function does make it quite easy to find out if people are mentioning you. I have no reason to disrespect these guys, quite the contrary, I think they're the coolest people on the planet, and I believe in their right to try to make a living at this. I mean, how cool would that be? It'd be about as cool as making a living playing music 100%.

Aron, you have every right to ask us to tone down any rhetoric that might happen at anytime. Without you this forum would not exist, at least not in this successful incarnation. As far as I'm concerned what you say goes, because you obviously have the greater good in mind.

I wasn't complaining so much as giving an opinion of the obvious(in my eyes anyway).

RDV

jmusser

I read some stuff on him awhile back, and he seems to be one, if not THE authority on modding wahs to Clyde Mcoy specs. He takes mojo to a whole new level.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".