News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Mouser

Started by no one ever, January 04, 2006, 04:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no one ever

Placed an order for my Neovibe parts on Monday, making sure to make the deadline for Same Day Shipping (7am to 8pm CTZ, I believe), and patiently awaited the email telling me it was on its way. None came... Tuesday went by... I got a bit uneasy, but then this morning at 8:49 it shipped, according to my email..

And not only that, but Mouser bumped it up to 3rd day shipping for the cost of standard ground to make up for it! So now I get it on Saturday for sure instead of 'maaybe Monday'. Which is great, because I've got nothing else to do on Saturday but work on it.

Woohoo, Mouser!

just had to get that out.  ;D
(chk chk chk)

AL

Yeah... well, wait until the package gets there and everything is labeled in it's own pretty little bag. Go Mouser. Don't order Carlings from the though - ouch.

AL

Harry

The same that happened with me.

no one ever

Quote from: AL on January 04, 2006, 04:31:49 PM
Yeah... well, wait until the package gets there and everything is labeled in it's own pretty little bag. Go Mouser. Don't order Carlings from the though - ouch.

AL

I love the individual sorting and separating of the parts, especially with resistors and non electrolytic caps (smallbear, if there's one thing you're missing...).
(chk chk chk)

tiges_ tendres

sorry to possibly rain on your parade, but most shipping companies dont deliver 3 day on saturdays.  All that gets delivered is ups and fedex overnight saturday delivery (extra fee), and fedex 2day saturday delivery.  Fedex home also deliver on saturdays.  However, depending on where you live in proximity to mouser may help you.  I think mouser is in texas? so if you are in phoenix, oklahoma, alabama, arkansas or the immediate states, you'll probably get in two days anyway. 

I'll cross my fingers and hope the shipping fairy sprinkles magic dust on it for you!

I had both a good and bad experience with mouser.  I ordered 25uf radial capacitors, they arrived axial, they then told me they didnt stock the radial variety, but refunded me my money and let me keep the parts anyway!

Try a little tenderness.

formerMember1

did the same to me,..(upgrade to 3 day shipping for free)

but they were backordered on a few parts,..

well i got those 1.85 cent worth of parts today, and i just happen to check my credit card, here they charged me $9.00 for shippin the backordered parts,..Mouser is good,..but they always mess me over with shipping,..a few times i have been charged too much shipping,...

I do like though how you could label the part in your cart, and they print out that label to your part bag,..so yuo could go

Rb1 fuzzface

and they will write that on the bag,..did they always do this?  It seems this was the first time they did this for me,...

no one ever

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on January 04, 2006, 06:57:25 PM
sorry to possibly rain on your parade, but most shipping companies dont deliver 3 day on saturdays.  All that gets delivered is ups and fedex overnight saturday delivery (extra fee), and fedex 2day saturday delivery.  Fedex home also deliver on saturdays.  However, depending on where you live in proximity to mouser may help you.  I think mouser is in texas? so if you are in phoenix, oklahoma, alabama, arkansas or the immediate states, you'll probably get in two days anyway. 

I'll cross my fingers and hope the shipping fairy sprinkles magic dust on it for you!

I had both a good and bad experience with mouser.  I ordered 25uf radial capacitors, they arrived axial, they then told me they didnt stock the radial variety, but refunded me my money and let me keep the parts anyway!

Aww, why not? I understand no deliveries on Sunday (they gotta have a day off someday) but Saturday would be perfect...

Same thing happened to me, but with smallbear. I didn't think it was a big enough deal to hassle Steve with it though, and it's not too hard to use one where a radial is called for.

formerMember1, they've been doing that since I've been ordering (August), just never thought of a use for the labeling.
(chk chk chk)

chokeyou

yea one night about a week ago i ordered a big bunch of parts from both mouser and smallbear.
both shipments got here today. (fastest i've ever gotten anything from smallbear) go smallbear! yay mouser!

dont you hate it when you accidentally order a surface mount component from mouser?  ::)

PS - i etched my first PCB today. success!! (mobius trip looper from GGG) I used PnP and had to touch up a few areas with a sharpie, they came out a teeny bit sloppy but nobody will see that in the end. tomorrow: drilling all the little holes.   :(

no one ever

Quote from: chokeyou on January 05, 2006, 01:31:02 AM
yea one night about a week ago i ordered a big bunch of parts from both mouser and smallbear.
both shipments got here today. (fastest i've ever gotten anything from smallbear) go smallbear! yay mouser!

dont you hate it when you accidentally order a surface mount component from mouser?  ::)

PS - i etched my first PCB today. success!! (mobius trip looper from GGG) I used PnP and had to touch up a few areas with a sharpie, they came out a teeny bit sloppy but nobody will see that in the end. tomorrow: drilling all the little holes.   :(

Haha, I don't think I'll ever make an SMD mistake ever again since I got my Mouser catalog.

Whatever happened to your Ring Stinger project?

Mouser is awesome, and I hope FedEx is just as awesome.
(chk chk chk)

chokeyou

still gathering parts for the ring stinger.

had to order the transformers straight from the manufacturer and thats taking a while. im also waiting for mouser to get more of those board mounted switches/pots in stock. also waiting for my pcb.

but it'll come together SOON.  :icon_smile:

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: no one ever on January 05, 2006, 01:25:18 AM
Quote from: tiges_ tendres on January 04, 2006, 06:57:25 PM

Aww, why not? I understand no deliveries on Sunday (they gotta have a day off someday) but Saturday would be perfect...

Same thing happened to me, but with smallbear. I didn't think it was a big enough deal to hassle Steve with it though, and it's not too hard to use one where a radial is called for.

formerMember1, they've been doing that since I've been ordering (August), just never thought of a use for the labeling.

unfortunately saturday is not a standard delivery day for any major courier service.  They only count "business" days, being monday to friday. 
Try a little tenderness.

swal

I worked for fedex until last week (going to university) and sorry to tell you but it is true, no saturday dlvry for 3 day. 3 day (express saver) pkgs are three buisness days (not saturday or sunday), having to pay a courier to dlvr a 3 day pkg on a saturday would bring an courier company out of buisness very fast. And, for overnight or two day, saturday dlvry only happens if the shipper paid the $12.50 surcharge (on top of the regular shipping costs) for saturday dlvr. But. if they used the fedex ground !home delvery!, not regular ground but home dlvry ground then it may come on sunday, but no guarentee. To find out if they shipped ground or express, get your tracking number!!!! (anyone who doesn't get there tracking number as soon as the pkg is shipped is asking for trouble!) And if the tracking number is 12 numbers long it is ground and if it is 15 or more it is ground. And, all UPS pkgs start with 1z. good luck
S J Waldner

DiyFreaque

Mouser is superb!  True about the backorder thing.  That happened to me *once*.  After that, I always make sure backorders aren't allowed when placing the order.  And if they have a part out of stock, it'll show up on the little BOM program they have.  In that case,  I just find an alternate, order it later with other stuff, or just get it somewhere else.

no one ever

;D fedex says my package left fort worth, tx at 3:48 pm and arrived at los angeles at 5:48... maybe i'll get it tomorrow?

tracking number is 12 digits long

smallbear shipped my order at 8:18 pm PST! that's 11:18 back in brooklyn...   :icon_confused: crazy.
(chk chk chk)

no one ever

mouser package recieved today. i guess third day includes the day it was shipped?  :icon_biggrin:

i'm happy
(chk chk chk)

tiges_ tendres

It's not usually the case that the day you ship it is included in the service guarantee.  It maybe that the package was picked up the previous day, but the Mouser tracking system didnt kick in and send you an email until the next day. 

Who knows! I'm glad you got it though
Try a little tenderness.