true bypassing an mxr distortion+???

Started by jonathan perez, January 12, 2006, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan perez

well, i just got a 75 bud box Dist+ which sounds FANTASTIC when on, but takes more tone than imagined when off! ok, so ive got myself good wiring skills, and a bunch of carling dpdt switches...so, who can help? i cant read block diagrams too well, but am good with the colors of the wires and where they go...if anyone could help that would be great. thanx!
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

tennisdude

To PCB                                                    I                 I                  From PCB
From INput Jack                                       I                 I                 To output Jack
   These two lugs soldered together-->      I                 I       

does this help?

jonathan perez

for the most part. but i dont understand where the two go to and from the pcb? which wires are those, and or where do they go specifically?
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

wampcat1

I believe the mxr circuits are all pcb mounted jacks, aren't they? If so, you'll have to cut the traces and connect wires to them so the jacks aren't always connected to the circuit.

TheBigMan

75 Bud Box version will have panel mounted jacks, being long before Dunlop got their grubby mitts on MXR.

Use tennisdude's diagram.  The wire to the PCB will currently be connected to the input jack as well as the wire going to the switch.  The wire from the PCB will be connected to the switch. 

Assuming I've got that the right way round, but most MXR pedals switched that way IIRC.  ;D