News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Swell Fuzz

Started by seanthomas46, January 13, 2006, 07:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackzed

I think i get it now... i was looking at (recorded) wave files and got the impression that the tips of the wave were the loudest parts of the wave, but it's really the whole envelope like you said. Thanks r.g. for the insight... What i didn't realize is that even at the zero crossing the signal can be loud, it's all relative to where the wave was, and where its going in time... so i think i had a glitch in my understanding of what those waves represent... on a side note... alot of recording info suggests using the zero crossing to make pop free edits... but i see now you can use any point on the +/- db range to splice tracks together, very usefull info! and helpfull to "place" cuts and splices exactly where you want em.
BTW, after wrapping my head around the controfuzz for a while... I think it's doing almost EXACTLY what i was suggesting? sorry i didn't realize :icon_redface: but I learned something!
now, does that mean that diode clippers are part clean signal (when underneath the diode threshold)?
as in off-on-off-on clipping?!? seems so.. or am i missing something again? ;D
btw i'm a visual thinker... but its kinda hard to imagine whats happening in a cloud of electrons..
i wonder if there is some current version of a tornado!
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!