Simplest phase invertor

Started by Storing!, January 14, 2006, 09:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storing!

Hi All

Building the new pedalboard seems to let me stumble on problems over and over again.
Right now its a phase thing. I found that the 301 Ibanez Flanger inverts the phase.
Since I have it on one side of the stereo channel it dimmes the sound If I turn my BC9 biChorus(wirder stereo) on which inverts one output the sound becomes louder Argggghhhh

Qustion: What would be the most simple phase invertor that runs on 18V to build into the 301.

Thnaks. (Most post here have been very helpfull)
Eric

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Simpler, if you need really simple, is a one transistor amp with an unbypassed 10k emitter resistor, and a 10k collector resistor. Feedback on the emitter forces gain of 1. Inverted output from collector.
http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14180/css/14180_40.htm

Storing!

Nice, Thanks

What should be the values of R4 and R1 in thas last schematic?

Eric

R.G.

The switchable phase inverter thing is a bit complicated. But an opamp inverter is almost exactly the same complication as a one-transistor phase splitter, and gives you twice the voltage swing.

Take a single opamp, TL071 or half a TL072. Hook the power pins to power and ground. That is the only extra complication above the transistor version.

Now, place a 10K resistor from output to inverting input, a 10K resistor from inverting input to an input capcitor. Take two 100K resistors and place them in series across the power supply and connect the noninverting (+) input to the junction of the two resistors. Those are the moral equivalent of the bias resistors for the transistor. Take the output from the output pin of the opamp through an output capacitor.

Same number of parts if you allow that one opamp is one part like one transistor is one part.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Storing!

Thanks RG

Try it tonite. Will post how it works out

Eric

Storing!

Build it several times

I've seen the schematic before and did have the same trouble.
Huge gain and treble los.
The wierd thing is, without power it sounds a lot louder and more trebly.

Must be doing something terrebly wrong. Hope somebody knwos what the problem is.

thanks
Eric

The Tone God

Quote from: Storing! on January 14, 2006, 01:21:10 PM
Must be doing something terrebly wrong. Hope somebody knwos what the problem is.

Unless someone here is capable of transversal telepathic diagnostic empathy I doubt anyone here can give you a definitive helping hand without more information other then you have a problem.

Read the "What to do when it doesn't work" sticky then report back.

Andrew