site's for wiring tele custom:OT

Started by hank reynolds 3rd, January 19, 2006, 09:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hank reynolds 3rd

Hi all,
I've got a squier tele custom II that I modified (the bridge and pickup are like a regular tele now) ,and wondered if anyone knew of sites,tips etc, as in the middle position (on the switch), it sounds like they're kinda cancelling each other out (it is quieter than the other positions) and seems to hum a bit more (I think this is down to that fact I use amplitube uno ( a nice free amp sim !!) into a laptop ,
The pickups are a kent armstrong in the bridge and the stock p90 in the neck

Ta
Sam

lethargytartare

Sounds like they're out of phase in the middle position -- does the sound also sound really nasally?  usually you can just swap the two wires of one of the pickups -- so if you had a black wired to point A and a white wired to point B, swap them so the black is wired to B and the white to A...

Also, check out guitarnuts http://guitarnuts2.proboards45.com/index.cgi for lots of wiring options and ideas, and lots of helpful folks.

There are mods there specifically for teles, including a good shielding tutorial that I highly recommend.

cheers!
ltt

Quote from: hank reynolds 3rd on January 19, 2006, 09:57:57 AM
Hi all,
I've got a squier tele custom II that I modified (the bridge and pickup are like a regular tele now) ,and wondered if anyone knew of sites,tips etc, as in the middle position (on the switch), it sounds like they're kinda cancelling each other out (it is quieter than the other positions) and seems to hum a bit more (I think this is down to that fact I use amplitube uno ( a nice free amp sim !!) into a laptop ,
The pickups are a kent armstrong in the bridge and the stock p90 in the neck

Ta
Sam

hank reynolds 3rd

Thanks for the link,
Kinda like the nasally sound, but the volume drop and crappy interaction with the volumes is a bit annoying!!!

Cheers
Sam