1971 Shaller rotorsound : leslie sim with 18 inductors !

Started by hair force one, January 23, 2006, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Paul Marossy

A.S.P.

copy/paste...

somewhere I found a schem, some years ago
Analogue Signal Processing

RickL

I've got one of these. It sounds kind of Univibe-ish. I also played through another one which had a much more intense sound than mine which lead me to fiddle with the trimmers on the inside of mine. I was able to make mine better but not a good as the other unit (I ran out of adjustment on the trim).

I'd be interested in looking at the schematic so I can figure which resistor to change to get a bit more adjustment out of the trim. I assume it's just a balance control between the dry and wet signals. I'd also like to know how to wire up a foot switch to the multi-pin jack.

A.S.P.

will take a little while to find that thing - had a headcrash recently, and w*ndows-update ruining the other machine...  :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:
(that & the weather are also reasons, why Paul & Scott need a little more patience,
what might even be good for Paul, since it came to my memory, that I might even have an empty old original "Yoy-Yoy" shell in my hardware-vaults).

BlueToad

I have the schematics for this, for those interested. I am hesitant to post them online, since they are probably copyrighted, but I would be glad to send them to anyone who wants them.
PM/email me if you want them.
Carl
If it isn't broken, take it apart and fix it!

Sir H C

Can vouch for the seller, Melvyn is a great guy, packs really well, and gets some really cool oscure gear. 

I might have to call him on this one...

A.S.P.

the only detail missing in the original schemo however,
are infos about the coils...  :icon_eek: :icon_rolleyes:

BlueToad

Quote from: A.S.P. on January 30, 2006, 03:54:25 PM
the only detail missing in the original schemo however,
are infos about the coils...  :icon_eek: :icon_rolleyes:
On one of the schematics, the inductors are specified as P14/8, could that mean 14 turns of 8 gauge wire, or 14 gauge, 8 turns? Also next to the inductors on one of the schematics is R=600 Ohm ges, which doesn't seem to relate to anything else. Still probably not enough information to identify the things, but might be a start to some tinkering.
Carl

Sir H C

The R=600 ohms I was guessing is that they are making a delay line and that is the characteristic impedance.  Have to dig through the books to remember the formula for an RC line impedance.

I was wondering if they were all transformers as they show that second connection that then goes to the LFO section (if I am figuring out the circuit correctly).  Very weird way to control speed, LDRs from an AC light bulb.

A.S.P.

my factory-schemo from may 19th 1971 says P14/8, too,
but doesn`t have the 600 ohm marked anywhere.

I always have thought "P14/8" is an indication of the core-type...

BlueToad

Indeed, p14/8 seems to refer to the core following some googling. :icon_redface: the 600 ohm is on a schematic dated 4/22/69, if I am not confusing date with something else.

A.S.P.

for those who can`t see the schem:
it`s a 2-branch circuit, 1-transistor preamp each,
which get passively mixed at the output by an "intensity" knob.
1 branch is "dry".
The other ("wet"), has 18 LC elements at the collector. (series-L, shunt-C (22nF) delay line).
The inductors ("L") are wound on 18 individual ferrite cores (looking like your average wha-inductor),
which carry a second winding each,
which is periodically dc-premagnetized by the LFO,
in order to vary the inductance of the "audio delay line".

Dan N