Quantum Tunneling Pills and Opto Isolators

Started by col, January 24, 2006, 02:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

col

Has anyone used the Quantum Tunneling pills for pedals? I ran a search but didn't find anything. I thought of trying some between two plates for a touch sensetive wah with a bypass resistor between the conductors of 100k to give the same range as a normal pot. The data states that the resistance drops from many mega ohms to a few ohms with a force of 20N, approx 2 Kg or 5lb. Would it work?
How would you choose an opto isolator to replace an ORP12 and LED combination? When I looked at the data for some they seem to be opto transistors rather than resistors. Would these work the same?

Col
Col

A.S.P.

Analogue Signal Processing

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

http://www.peratech.co.uk/
is the company that makes it. Theory and applications there. And (very annoyingly) Maplins is the only place I can see to buy it......

col

Thanks for that. I might get some and try with a simple inductorless wah circuit like one of the Penfold ones to see how it works. If I have any success I'll post it here. The main difficulty I can see is applying the correct pressure while staggering in mid solo. Still, if I never try I'll never know! I think they are only £1.99 a pack so it's not a great loss and I can always make a burglar alarm or something. I could also try the quantum tunneling cable that they sell at Maplins if needed.

Col
Col