looking for help with a fulldive schematic...

Started by Drunk_on_NyQuil, January 28, 2006, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunk_on_NyQuil

i think i have most of it figured out, but i just have a few questions. first off, has anyone else ever done this one? if so how did it work out? and are there any pcb diagrams avail? also, on the fulldrive pedal, there are two switches. does the on/off 3pdt switch for on/off wire into the section at the top right, which gives 1/2V+? and the "boost" switch is the 3pdt one shown in top left? d6, in the top left, is just an led? is that what the "triangle in the circle-with-a-line-in-it symbol" is? and lastly, what is a "round epoxy rectifier diode"? which part should i use? and does it matter how they are wired? thanks for the help, this site keeps me awake for too many hours reading. have a great day.

ryan

TheBigMan

The top right "floating" section is the voltage divider, the boost switch is the DPDT shown at the top left.  The bypass switching isn't shown.  D6 is an indicator LED for the boost setting.  Dunno why it's in a circle, it's not normally shown like that but the arrows coming from it are normally used the differentiate an LED from a normal diode.  A round epoxy rectifier diode probably means a 1N400x.

no one ever

(chk chk chk)

Steve C

first off, has anyone else ever done this one? if so how did it work out? and

This version is of an early fulldrive 2 and the newer ones have several different modifications.  It's a good pedal though.

does the on/off 3pdt switch for on/off wire into the section at the top right, which gives 1/2V+?

No that's the power section, I drew it that way because a lot of other schematics are drawn that way and thought it would be easier to recognize.

and the "boost" switch is the 3pdt one shown in top left?

Yes

d6, in the top left, is just an led?is that what the "triangle in the circle-with-a-line-in-it symbol" is?

Yes

what is a "round epoxy rectifier diode"?

It's exactly that. It's what's written on the package at places that sell them individually like Radio Shack for instance.  They are small and round and half black and half white/gray. Here's a pic posted by Alfonso a while ago the one on top is a round epoxy rectifier diode.

which part should i use?

I usually use a 1N4001.  Which is not an epoxy rectifier diode but has very similar results.

are there any pcb diagrams avail?

Yes, JD has a PCB diagram for it on his site.  (http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/ts_pcb.gif)