Tremulous lune question

Started by ethrbunny, January 29, 2006, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethrbunny

Finished my t lune using the tonepad PCB. Very easy build. Im putting the whole schmeer into a wah pedal housing so I can control the rate with the pedal. The pot that comes with the pedal is a 100K - and looking at the build instructions on commonsound I see that the original design now calls for a 100K.

Question: using the 100K the rate varies from 'nuts' to 'glacial'. The useful territory isn't very big. Has anyone else tried this with a 100K speed?
Is there something else I need to change to use this pot?
--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"

RickL

In the tremulous lune the speed pot is wired as a variable resistor. Small resistance values give fast speeds, larger values give slow speeds.

To limit the fastest speed add a fixed value resistor in series with the speed pot. You may want to temporarily wire a second pot, wired as a variable resistor, in series with the main pot, adjust it so that when the main pot is turned all the way down you get the (fast) speed you want, then remove it and replace it with the nearest standard value resistor. Alternately you could use a trim pot for the fixed value resistor (somewhere around 20k to 50k will probably work) or simply mount the second pot on the outside of the wah as a 'minimum speed' control.

To limit the slow speed, put a fixed resistor, trim pot or regular pot in parallel with the main speed pot. Adjust it so when the main speed pot is turned all the way up you get the (slow) speed you want. I'd probably use a 500k or 1M trim or regular pot. It could be the 'minimum speed' control.

ethrbunny

--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"