it doesn't work

Started by choklitlove, February 03, 2006, 08:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choklitlove

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 05, 2006, 11:07:29 PM

i tried that already.  the picture is just of the last setup i was trying.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

petemoore

I've been doing one or the other, batery or DC Jack.
  I Always check for Noncontinuity using continuity checker of DMM between V+ and V-, [getting that straight before adding power] while there, checking every other darn thing I can figure to put the meter on and get a reading I can make sense of.
  Input jack with plug in...there's a number of tests can be run.
  Tip to ground non connect
  Tip to where it's supposed to go
  Ground, I sometimes clip to ground, then see what every other connection does/doesn't beep...real problem if you have ten places beepin' and 1 little bridge causes it.
  V+ usually only goes a place or two...
  I suppose calculating the resistance between V+ and ground can be done, I just look for a not so low R value.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

choklitlove

this is the jack that was in:

i changed to a regular stereo input jack.  nothing.

i wired it exactly as the GGG diagram said.  exactly.  i checked for continuity through all of the jacks' solder points, and everything was fine.

here's a new problem (that i'm just now noticing):
9 volt batteries heat up to being very hot very quickly just being connected (i've tried two brand new ones).  also, the adapter i'm using has and led indicator on it.  the led turns off whenever i plug the adapter into the pedal.  what the hell?

i also tried wiring each power source independently.  still nothing.

choklitlove

on the adapter jack: should there be continuity between the battery + terminal and the ground terminal?  because there is...