Always On Mod for Boss Ds-1

Started by HeaD, February 03, 2006, 08:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeaD

Hi all, I need to know how to keep my boss ds-1 always on for a true bypass mod with a 3pdt switch. Does an "always on mod" exist? Thanks!
Sorry for my english :|

petemoore

How would that differ from turn in on and leave it on?
  I gather you don't want to have to switch it on every time power is deplugged.
  For that somebody else has something or build yourself a Jfet Bypassless DS-1 and 3PDT it.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

HeaD

Hey Pete :)

Yes this is my problem. I've wired my ds-1 pcb with a 3pdt switch, but it turns off every time i disconnect the power plug. Does a way exist to keep it always on? Thanks

tiges_ tendres

do you need a switch if you are always going to leave it on?
Try a little tenderness.

wampcat1

Maybe I'm misunderstanding... are you saying you have a boss sd-1 now, and you want to get rid of the elec. switching circuit, and True bypass it, which would require it to always be 'on'?

Brian

petemoore

Quote from: HeaD on February 03, 2006, 09:25:02 PM
Hey Pete :)

Yes this is my problem. I've wired my ds-1 pcb with a 3pdt switch, but it turns off every time i disconnect the power plug. Does a way exist to keep it always on?
  I'm missing something about what you have there.
  but yes, connect an LED through a limiting resistor, battery and one pole/one throw [that's two fo the three lugs left over after true bypassing] of the 3PDT...as long as the 3pdt is in the 'on state, and there's voltage...the LED will be lit.
  Thanks
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

HeaD

Quote from: wampcat1 on February 03, 2006, 10:19:01 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding... are you saying you have a boss sd-1 now, and you want to get rid of the elec. switching circuit, and True bypass it, which would require it to always be 'on'?

Brian

Yes Brian, this is what I mean. In this way my true-bypassed ds-1 works, but every time I take away the dc plug (or input plug if I use a battery) it turns off, and to turn it on again, I must make a "temporary contact" as if I used the old momentary switch.

I have done a search, and have heard about an "Always On Mod" for boss pedals. Unfortunately I am not able understanding what consists in. Can someone help me?

HeaD

Maybe must I get rid of the fets which control the switching, and of the Flip Flop fets? Here is the schematisc of my pedal, :) http://www.godiksennet.com/images/sch/DS1PG2.jpg

no one ever

umm.. removing the power will turn any pedal off... and leaving the input jack unplugged will turn any pedal into a simple box.
(chk chk chk)

wampcat1

Quote from: HeaD on February 04, 2006, 06:07:10 AM
Maybe must I get rid of the fets which control the switching, and of the Flip Flop fets? Here is the schematisc of my pedal, :) http://www.godiksennet.com/images/sch/DS1PG2.jpg

Gotcha!  :icon_wink: - I'm with you now!
If I'm looking at the schem right (sideways!!), Remove the fets (q7 & q8?)in the flip flop and it should be always on. Looks like Q8 and a jumper where Q7 was. I *think* you may need to get rid of d7 or c21, though it's hard to tell looking at the comp. screen @ 90 degrees.  :icon_lol:

Hope that helps! :)
Brian

HeaD

Quote from: wampcat1 on February 04, 2006, 02:34:42 PM
Gotcha!  :icon_wink: - I'm with you now!
If I'm looking at the schem right (sideways!!), Remove the fets (q7 & q8?)in the flip flop and it should be always on. Looks like Q8 and a jumper where Q7 was. I *think* you may need to get rid of d7 or c21, though it's hard to tell looking at the comp. screen @ 90 degrees.  :icon_lol:

Hope that helps! :)
Brian

Ok, I've removed one of the flipflop fets and now it's always on :) Thanks to all!

Satch12879

Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com

HeaD

Quote from: Satch12879 on February 04, 2006, 07:58:34 PM
True bypass a Boss pedal, BAH!

I've been forced to do it because it had a problem in the bypass section:  When I was switching from clean to effected sound, the bypass was not temporary. There was a little delay, and later the distortion beginning.