Small Stone Pot and Uni-Vibe modification

Started by Jayco, February 06, 2006, 11:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayco

Ok...  I finally got my Small Stone working tonight... somewhat.

I bought a 1 Meg LOG pot (as according to the ggg plans), but it only seems to do something at the very end of the pot's travel... this makes me think that it should have been a linear pot, even though the parts list says Log.  Does anyone know for sure?

(I actually have the original pot from my original Small Stone, but it doesn't say what it is on it.)

Also, I did the Uni-Vibe mod that is at GGG too, and I can tell that a few of the switches make a small difference, but they don't all seem to change much.  Should each LFO's change be significantly heard (switching between the stock values and the "magic" values?

This was a nightmare to put together, as the previous owner had mutilated the board.  I had to clean up all kinds of his bad solder joints before I could even make the board clean enough to function... but hey, at least its working now.

Thanks in advance for any help on the 4 LFOs and the pot information.

Jim

p1_ind

The pot should be a 1Meg reverse log for best results.
You can get them from Small Bear.

Adam

bassmeister

If the pot is not mounted to the board, you can connect the opposite outer lug. Out of the three lugs, connect just two as a variable resistance (wiper and one other lug). If you're not satisfied with the control range, use the opposite outer lug. However, remember that this will reverse the control of the sweep, i.e. maximum speed will be when the pot is turned fully left.