Space program

Started by Gus, September 09, 2003, 02:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=10299

your tax dollers at work.  I wonder what the cost to fix is.

AL

"Lockheed Martin formed an Accident Review Team "

Well, hot dog Cletus !!!  That'll solve the problem.  2 months worth of meetings so they can inform themselves of something they already know.  

AL

SoundTech

Quote from: GusI wonder what the cost to fix is.

Probably much, much more than the cost of 24 new bolts.
Sound Tech
  (((O)))

AL

"Probably much, much more than the cost of 24 new bolts."

I don't know?  Those are government bolts.

AL

Chris R

The accident review team is actually an important part of the process.  2 months worth of meetings is alot cheaper than having something of this magnitude happening again.  

Put it this way,  when you screw up an order at McDonalds you don't have an accident response team.. why ?  because you only screwed up $ .25 worth..  but when you screw up a million dollars worth.. afterwords you'd better know what can be done so it dosn't happen again.

troubledtom

gus,
   that's crazy shit man, anyone have $700.00 for a toilet seat cover.
                      yikes,
                          - tom :evil:

AL

Chris R,  I absolutely agree you 100% that an accident review team is a good idea and yes it will save you money in situations like this.  The problem is this needs to be a proactive approach.   These things need to occur before the fact not after. I don't understand how this program wasn't in place.  Now that I sound like a know-it-all ....  I do ES&H work so I've got some background on how these things work (or are supposed to work).  BTW What part of Ohio?  I'm in WV.  Cheers

AL

Chris R

I aggree it should be proactive.. but it looks like the process was already there.. just 2 different teams didn't do the right paperwork.. etc.

What really sucks is that i'll have to wait a few more months to get my improved weather images ;p

I'm near Dayton.

ahermida

I used to work there from 1989 to 2001 and then left for the private industry.  I recall in the "good ol' days" that you couldn't even fart next to an instrument without having a QA person present... tons of paperwork and procedures had to be followed and signed at each step.  I "guess" they're not doing that anymore.

Alf

Jay Doyle

Tom,

Not that I agreee with the defense budget, but though "$700 toilet seat" by itself looks as foolish as it is, you never hear about the fact that that same toilet seat won't shatter into dozens of deadly projectiles during a battle, but break into two or three dull sections that are less likely to kill those left alive from whatever event made the toilet seat break. The rules are different in warfare.

Just the other side of the story that didn't make it into the sound bite.

Jay

Mike Nichting

That picture is enough to make you sick, isn't it??  I couldn't imagine working there and having that happen, I would have been highly upset~!!

All of that work went into it just to have it topple...mm...mm...mm.

Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

petemoore

This stuff goes on. and on.
 All ya gotta do is get your cushions recovered reciept for one couch and split the leftover difference in the Govt. money with your private operator.
 There are probably thousands if not millions of scams being run in at different points in the taxpayer money flows.
 There are so many ways to screw with your money that are beyond reproach it is not funny. This S>H> all the time...there's probly moderators now to help take care of business...lol...the more ppl you get in there the less likely that ther'll be any improprieties...of course then you have to pay the more ppl !!!
 You'll have 'lions' and 'vultures' taking 'thiers'...it all trickles down to the ground floor eventually...lol...some others like me will just have to wait in the hope that a scrap may be left unnoticed...Byte.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.