R.G´s PCB design book...How

Started by Fernando Aguirre, February 19, 2006, 10:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando Aguirre

Hi,
I tried several times to buy this book with no luck. I sent mails to Mr RG  but i don´t know if he gets them.
Is there a way to contact him for buying the book?
Thanks in advance
Fer

Dave_B

I'm hoping to get a copy too.  R.G. recently said he would try to get some more made.  I'm guessing he's a busy guy, so it may be a while. 
Help build our Wiki!

R.G.

I'm in the process of having them commercially printed. I had expected them to be here, but they're not. I'll post here when they are available.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Dave_B

Help build our Wiki!

Fernando Aguirre

Many thanks!!
Please let me know when it is available again

bioroids

Cool, I've been wanting to have one too!

Miguel
Eramos tan pobres!

ragtime8922

Wow! This exact question has been raised multiple times over the past year. Thanks for finally giving us a response.

This is a great book to produce. There just isn't much information on the actual methods of doing a PCB. Most (I know I did) learn by just doing it and screwing up a bunch of times.

Thanks RG!

tennisdude

wcampagner

Hello,

I'm very interested in getting a copy of this book too.

I'll be waiting.

Thanks,
Wagner.
Thanks,
Wagner.

Dave_B

I hope you made enough copies, R.G.  ;D
Help build our Wiki!

R.G.

I used to print them in my garage. I got a duplexing HP printer and would just churn the printer, then stack the pages with covers and perfect-bind them in a homemade binding press. This was, as you can imagine, a major pain.

I've had a few unsuccessful tries at getting a commercial outfit to print them. In spite of the number of folks here that want copies, the number of copies I can actually sell is limited. I doubt it will go over 200 ever. A book printer would not even consider that without payment up front.

There are print-on-demand outfits that will print as little as one. That means you give most of your receipts to the printer, and you're working to keep them in business. It's major unsatisfying.

I have recently found an outfit that will sell me 500 copies at a moderate price, so I'm trying that.

I'll keep you informed.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

phaeton

Stark Raving Mad Scientist

markusw

Quote from: phaeton on February 20, 2006, 11:59:48 AM
...will each copy be autographed?

:D

Maybe not each....but hopefully mine  ;)

wampcat1

Just as an FYI, you might look into uploading a pdf to cafepress.com and do a 'print on demand' for a few copies. That not only would get some mouths watering for more but there isn't anything upfront to pay for.

Take care,
Brian

Dave_B

For what we're talking about, would Kinkos be a reasonable solution?  They can do a Cerlox binding like the the London Power series.  I figure you've got this worked out, I'm just asking. 
Help build our Wiki!

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

I sure want one. (autographed of course  ;D )

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

phaeton

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on February 22, 2006, 12:53:09 AM
I sure want one. (autographed of course  ;D )

Fp

Great, I've created a monster  :o

(which reminds me... it's time to go bug Anderton again)

R.G.

OK, I get the hint. When they get here, I'll autograph them all.
R.G.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

phaeton

Quote from: R.G. on February 22, 2006, 04:12:44 PM
OK, I get the hint. When they get here, I'll autograph them all.

Consider it as being heralded as one of the industries' 'greats'.  ;)