triboost - lpb, mosfet, treble (any existing pcb's?)

Started by powerplayj, February 19, 2006, 11:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerplayj

Anyone built something similar to the tribooster over at the build your own clone site? 

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/tri.html

I'm just curious if there is a pre-existing PCB layout that would accomodate all three booster modes?  I was thinking possibly that an adaptation of the rangemaster PCB (such as what Jack O. uses for the MOSFET boost) would work.  Is it as simple as putting the different transistors on a 3 pole switch and having a full/treble switch for the cap or is more work involved?

just curious......
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

troubledtom

Khas Evets

If you take a look at the very detailed and easy to follow .pdf you'll find all the answers to your questions. I'd rather not reverse engineer BYOC's work on this site.

vanessa

just curious......

What would you use it for?  ???

The Rangemaster is the type of pedal you want to leave on all the time. Why would one want to have those three pedals in one unit without the option of a second stomp switch to turn one of the other boosts on?   :icon_rolleyes:

Look at the photo of the finished pedal's paint right around the stomp-switch, toggle, and LED. That damn Hammerite!!!  :icon_lol:

A.S.P.

Quote from: Khas Evets on February 19, 2006, 02:10:46 PM
If you take a look at the very detailed and easy to follow .pdf you'll find all the answers to your questions. I'd rather not reverse engineer BYOC's work on this site.

didn`t see a schemo, in those instructions...
Analogue Signal Processing

mrsage

amz-fx

Quote from: powerplayj on February 19, 2006, 11:42:40 AM
I'm just curious if there is a pre-existing PCB layout that would accomodate all three booster modes?

I don't know of a board that accomodates 3 types just by switching the devices...  the biasing of all 3 are different so it would be more involved than just switching out the device but it could be done... 

If you want my mosfet booster, I have pc boards that come with complete instructions and support:

http://www.muzique.com/pcb.htm

regards, Jack

powerplayj

Ahah!   I noticed Keith (BYOC) sells the PCB's separately!

Thanks jack, I'm trying to eliminate multiple boosts so, one that has multiple options is what I'm gearing toward.  But heck, those PCB's are so small that I could probably build two or three in one of the larger enclosures.  Seems like someone did this with your MOSFET and Mini booster a while back.
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???