Tonepad Blues Breaker Pedal, some questions....

Started by ANDYEFFECT, February 21, 2006, 07:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDYEFFECT

Tonepad Blues Breaker Pedal, some questions.... 

First I like this pedal a lot, Marshall Bluesbreaker has a drive that unites the amplifier with my guitar, and that is too much. 

Plus I would like to study some different manners even so for him. 

1 - would I Like of more of volume, because for me this a problem is yes, do I think he has little volume, an exit buffer with a FET it could get better? 

2 - to use other OP-AMP, for sound tests: would ne5532 be better option for this pedal? 

3 - to place diodes of GE 1N34A, what this influence in the sound? 

Thankful. 

Even so this pedal is big for me. 

André 

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

I think you'd be better off posting in spanish instead of an automatic translation.

The Blues Breaker is really a very simple design. If you research opamp circuits (online or in a library) you'll see what does what, start by reading www.geofex.com 's 'what are all those parts for" (or something like that).

Do your homework, you'll get replies to your posts then.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

ANDYEFFECT

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on February 22, 2006, 12:49:54 AM
I think you'd be better off posting in spanish instead of an automatic translation.

The Blues Breaker is really a very simple design. If you research opamp circuits (online or in a library) you'll see what does what, start by reading www.geofex.com 's 'what are all those parts for" (or something like that).

Do your homework, you'll get replies to your posts then.

Fp

ok  "www.geofex.com 's 'what are all those parts for"   

thank you very much, this was that I need

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Geofex has most of the stuff you need to know, it's just kind of hard to find.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Roobin

See that resistor/cap - resistor/cap path from opamp1 to op amp 2, try cutting one pair out.

Something I don't understand: in the feedback path of opamp 1, what does the resistor/cap network do? I think it sets gain (alogn with pot) but is this right, and how do you figure it out?

I was thinkign about the clever design: if you increase the pot, gain for opamp 1 increases, but then gain for opamp 2 decreases. so is there a point where turning gain knob does little because opamp 2 has decreasesed so much? Or is that pure taradiddle? ???