Total sonic annihilation (again)... won't work

Started by syndromet, February 22, 2006, 03:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syndromet

Hi,
I'm building my first project right now, and I'm having so much fun with it. It is a bypass-box with a feedback-loop, using this schematic without the led, and with the wires to the pots changed position.

Every schematic I've seen has either a 250k or a 500k pot. Unfortunately I only have a 1K pot and a 100K pot. Is there anyway I can use one of them?
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

scaesic

guitar pots are 250k for single coil and 500k for humbucker, its probably just so it's matched, if you put a 150k resistor in series with the 100k pot you'd be fine, but you couldn't set it to "o"

doug deeper

the 100k will work fine,
ive built feedback loops with 250ks and i never used more than say 50k of the range.

runmikeyrun

Quote from: doug deeper on February 22, 2006, 07:00:08 PM
the 100k will work fine,
ive built feedback loops with 250ks and i never used more than say 50k of the range.

i'll second that.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

syndromet

Well, I've wired it up, and I understand nothing. The loop won't work at all, and the bypassed signal only work if there is no pluggs in the loop-jacks. I've tripple-checked everything, and it should be wired corectly.

This is what I've wired this far. It should be working as a true bypass loop, right?

syndromet

Well, It's working now. And the reason it didn't work is so stupid I wont tell you...  :icon_redface:
I guess scaesic was right though. The 100k pot never got quiet, so I guess I'll have to order a 500k.

theundeadelvis

You could add a switch to turn off the feedback loop if you have a toggle spst laying around. That's how I have mine set up. I am thinking of changing it to either a regular stomp switch or a momentary so you can switch on the fly.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.