How to???... get soundsss..

Started by SISKO, February 22, 2006, 10:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SISKO

Hi all,, its me again..well ... a long long time ago i wondered this question by my self-- but now I'm gonna Post it..
i wanted to know how to get some sounds that i want... so far... there are two..:
1st..i wanna reach that fat.. big sound that almost every star has.. for example.. David gilmour- young lust, when the solo comes.. you hear how the guitar is Flynn,pushing, jumping out of the Flor..
another example is Steve vai.. in the song ripping..and a Little bit of EVH-eruption-

2nd..its that guitar.. far..far away..that you can hear at the intro of the song WISH YOU WERE HERE.. by PINK FLOYD
or radio head in KARMA POLICE when the guitar makes some feedback.. but it seem at the distance..

as I'm writing i realized that those are two very different sound... one its very big ,full and fat while the other its small empty, and far far away..

well i hope that anyone understand me ( i know you will jeje)
well thanks... BYE

SISKO
--Is there any body out there??--

flibbergibbin

It's a lot of experimenting with various pedals running the gamut A to Z. It's not as simple as saying "Oh, just get this and that pedal and you'll have that sound." I don't mean to sound harsh and trust me I mean this sincerely. You have to work for it just like anything else in life or you starve. If somebody does have an answer I'll be next in line asking the questions. Please don't take me wrong I'm not trying to be a dick. It's just not that easy.

SISKO

heyheyhey.. thanks flibbergibbi. i know what did you wanted to say.. well there are a lot of people outthere saying that experimentation is the key... well if it did some results in my guitar playing, in electronic,, well i should supposed that it was applied in to this.. YOU RE RIGTH
why i do not think before posting??? i don't know..
thanks a lot,, my friend

SISKO

bye

flibbergibbin

See I took time out to clarify to not take me the wrong way but of course you did. Well I just thought I'd try my hand at your question. Glad to see you enjoyed my help.

Marcos - Munky

For the Wish You Were Here sound, I think the Tim Escobedo's LofoMofo will do the trick. Maybe you will need a little EQ to cut some bass and mids too.

SISKO

flibbergibbin  check you PM

Marcos...___ thank you .. i`ll give it a try