Logic Pro 7 Guitar amp, sounds horrible ... !!

Started by MartyMart, February 23, 2006, 03:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

I've used the Pro tools/Line 6 version and also "Amplitude" on quite a few occasions, but have
just been trying this out inside Logic, it's their new amp/speaker sim plugin.

Unless I use a very clean to low gain setting, there's a horrible "note" in the sound, it seems
to be mostly from the speaker sim section.
It makes using it almost impossible, changing the speaker/mic position just moves the
fundimental "note" in the sound up or down .... YUK  !!
Cleaning up the sound with low gain gets rid of it, so it's a combo of gain amount/sim ...

Anyone else found this a little annoying ?

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

aron

I don't have that sound. I have used the guitar amp pro for a while now.

MartyMart

Thanks aron, how do you use it, just on a "clean" Di copy, or on a gtr part
with some OD/processing on already ??
It's odd, I am getting a nasty "note" in the sound.... this doesn't happen
with Amplitude at all .. !!
I'll try to make a clip of it ..

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

SeanCostello

Sounds like one of the resonances in the speaker is too sharp and/or loud. My assumption is that the speaker simulators in most amp simulators start with an impulse response of the speaker cabinet, then use this to generate an IIR filter of fairly low order (in this case, 10 biquads would be low order). Depending on how the peaks and valleys of the impulse response are fit to the IIR filter, you could end up with one of the modeled resonances having more influence than it does in the real cabinet.

Sean Costello