MoogerFooger low pass schematic

Started by pvieytes, February 23, 2006, 06:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvieytes

Hello,
I'm looking for the Moogerfooger Low Pass schematic.

Anybody can help me?

thanks and sorry for my english.

Mark Hammer

For repair purposes, self-education purposes, or for clone purposes?

dano12

I popped the cover off mine to see if there was any tweaks I could cause through trimpots.

It is a big board, with a buttload of components. Not trivial, and even with a schematic, I think it would be a huge challenge to build one.

FWIW.

pvieytes

hello,
I would like try to clone this. :icon_confused:

first I´m going to check for the availability of the devices in Spain.

Sorry for my engilsh

Mark Hammer

Look on the net for 24db/oct VC lowpass filter schematics.  There are lots of them.  The Moogerfooger filter simply offered something for guitarists and bassists that had been available to people in the modular synthesis community for decades.  Plus it was very well made.

"synth DIY" makes an excellent search term.

D Wagner

Pvieytes,

It doesn't get any more simple than this.  http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/vcf.html

Single sided PCB, common components, and all of the hard work has been done by someone else.  Don't overlook the 12v bipolar power requirement, though.

Derek

SeanCostello

There are a fair number of Moog lowpass filter schematics out there. Some have been made available as ready-to-solder boards. My guess is that these designs will be simpler than the Moogerfooger boards, which use lots of 13600's for bypass, and are fairly complex (and sometimes noisy) as a result. Try using the Minimoog filter as a start, as it has a lot of the desirable characteristics, and the +-10 volts would probably work with +-9 volts without too much of a problem.

I own a Moogerfooger Lowpass, and the filter itself sounds great, but it generates a LOT of noise, even when bypassed. I think that a non-clone may end up sounding better.

Sean Costello

swt

yeah!. or try the sample and hold filter at ggg. it sounds great, not that different from the moog, and has other options. and with a little electronics knowledge, you can make your own recipe out of that one, and what others are pointing to...

ragtime8922

BE CAREFUL!!! Once you step in to the world of modular synth it is like herion! I spent months learning and building and adapting to guitars. These circuits aren't like slapping a stompbox together and modding ten times all before noon on a Saturday. They are big and your ideas beome novels. I need to add that it's AWESOME. If you already clicked on the MFOS site linked above then it's far too late for you. Perhaps a 13-step program will be in your future. :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway, on my modular synth journey I aquired a ton of information on all Moog stuff. Yes, plenty of schematics. But I think you'll find them on the links pages in the synth diy world.

One more thing: Search for "Electronotes"  ;)