calling charlie@moosapotamus...

Started by swt, February 23, 2006, 09:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swt

Hey charlie!. I've read the nyquist thread, and i'm really impressed. But the reason i'm calling for you is that i love the lfo in those moogerfooger pedals. it's got a range out of the ordinary. so i wonder if you can tell me something about that....thanks a lot!

moosapotamus

Yeah, the range is great. The other thing that's really nice about that LFO is that there don't seem to be any dead spots. No matter how slow it's going, it always sounds like it's moving.

I think I might have opend it up for a peek when I first got it, was overwhelmed, closed it back up and haven't really thought about it much since then. I'll sneak another peek next chance I get.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

swt

ok, thanks! let me know when you take a look inside. it would be great to have something similar for my fxs. Also...is it 9 volts?...maybe they are converting inside to dual supply...

moosapotamus

Sheesh... it's fun looking at stuff like this. :icon_eek:
The inside of the 'fooger is way too dense for me to decypher in my lifetime. It does run on a 9V wallwart. But, if you want to try a moog-style LFO, you're probably better off tracking down the mini-moog schemes that are floating around out there.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net

chokeyou

i remember popping open my moog ring mod when i had it and thinking the same thing.
at least im not alone!

swt

yeah...i konw what you mean...by the way...i've just tried the lfo from the korg ms20, and it's amazing....

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net