Wylde OD and MPSA14

Started by Xavier, February 24, 2006, 03:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

I don't have any of these Darlingtons, so after some research I used a 2n5308, which seems to be a suitable replacement , though I had to twist the collector and base pins, according to the datasheet.

Thing is, it doesn't sound. I've used an audio probe and signal stops as soon as it hits the transistor. I even have de-twisted the pins but still nothing.

So, my problem is clear I think.........is there any other choice? can I use 2 transistors in a darlington configuration as a sub?

Marcos - Munky

Try a high gain transistor. I built mine with a BC549C and it works fine.

Xavier

I'll try then , but the gain range of the Darlingtons is way different from any FET, right? isn't that important?

MartyMart

Quote from: Xavier on February 24, 2006, 06:58:38 AM
I'll try then , but the gain range of the Darlingtons is way different from any FET, right? isn't that important?

That's right, the gain is well above 1500 hfe .. !
I used a much more common MPSA13 and it worked a treat :D

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

tungngruv

I made one using two 2n5089 wired as a Darlington. It worked fine and sounded great.

Marcos - Munky

I believe it woudn't make a big difference, since the transistor are for a buffer. Give a try with a single high hfe transistor and with a homemade darlington.

burnt fingers

Does somebody have the schematic for this?  I would love to see it. 

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music