Torchy Peppermill versus Dragonfly Peppermill??

Started by barret77, February 25, 2006, 10:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barret77

Hello all

There are two veroboard layouts for the ROG Peppermill; Torchy's and Dragonfly's one.
Which one is better? Are both verified? Which one should I do?

Thanks a lot!

Sam

Quote from: barret77 on February 25, 2006, 10:07:06 AM
Hello all

There are two veroboard layouts for the ROG Peppermill; Torchy's and Dragonfly's one.
Which one is better? Are both verified? Which one should I do?

Thanks a lot!

I feel that the Torchy version has bit more bite to the sound... No seriously, build the one that best suits your needs size and component wise.
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

StephenGiles

If they are the same circuit, how on earth can one have more bite to the sound than the other?
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

bluesdevil

He was only joking. Wow,  I think you just answered the question in my signature!!!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

barret77

:D

I have one question, though;
Torchy's version has a 3k9 resistor right in front of the LED+ pin; Dragonfly and ROG versions do not feature that; is it necessary or not?
I thought that 3k9 resistors where for connecting the led to the battery only, with a 3dpt switch... Correct me if I'm wrong, but this led is for clipping the signal, right?
Leave or put the 3k9?

thanks!

Sam

Quote from: barret77 on February 25, 2006, 10:08:15 PM
:D

I have one question, though;
Torchy's version has a 3k9 resistor right in front of the LED+ pin; Dragonfly and ROG versions do not feature that; is it necessary or not?
I thought that 3k9 resistors where for connecting the led to the battery only, with a 3dpt switch... Correct me if I'm wrong, but this led is for clipping the signal, right?
Leave or put the 3k9?

thanks!

Torchy might have up the limiting resistor i series with the status LED on the board while Dragonfly left in out to be put straight from the 3PDT switch. Or something...

barret77

I guess you're right. the clipping led is somewhere else...

Sam

Quote from: barret77 on February 25, 2006, 10:37:57 PM
I guess you're right. the clipping led is somewhere else...

There is no diode clipping in the Peppermill. Taken from the ROG site: "The LED serves as protection against potential damage to the MOSFET caused by static electricity".