Tonepad Jack Tab Clarification

Started by KRK, February 25, 2006, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRK

Hi everybody,

I wondered if someone could clear up a question I have about the tonepad terminology regarding off-board wiring.

When they refer to input/output jack shield, is that the ring at the base of the jack (ie. closest to the outside of the enclosure)? Then by default the input jack ring is the clip connecting the lower shaft of the plug?

I think I have messed up the wiring on the stereo input jack of my rebote 2 because I was not clear on the 4 tabs of a stereo jack - it's not the 5v regulator as I had suspected earlier... It's always easier to blame someone else than blame your own ignorance.

For first build I am sure learning a lot very quickly about troubleshooting  :) I just went out and bought a bread board to try out the green ringer (no special IC's required so I picked up the components locally). It's good having a parts place only about 10 km away  :icon_biggrin:

Cheers!

KRK

KRK

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

The offboard wiring layouts clearly identify the tabs with names.

Not wanting to limit the information to a specific jack type I did it this way, so the actual position of the tab in relation of the others or how you would see it is irrelevant. What matters is the labels, so in order to make sure you got the tabs right, you'd need to inspect the jacks you're using and identify the tabs so they match the labels on the pdf.

I hope that was clear. Otherwise just ask.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com