Insanity box - 1.1uf or .11 uf capacitor in FET segment?

Started by je32ff, February 26, 2006, 07:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

je32ff

I'm building the Insanity Box. I've noticed the cap in the FET minibooster section has a .11uf value on the schematic and a 1.1 value on the layout! What should it be? Seems there must be a typo in one of them. If noone knows I'll try both and report back! Thanls, Jeff

RDV

343 Salty Beans

RDV, out of sheer curiosity, how far did you read into his post before responding?  :icon_smile:

only joking, bro.

je32ff

I don't think he read it all! The question remains "which value is correct?".

RDV

je32ff

RDV

I put your request in the search almost verbatim and got the thread shown. The search function of this forum is one of the best I've seen.

RDV

je32ff

:)

aron

Yes a .1uF should be fine for it. Let me know what you think if you build it.

Thanks,

Aron

RDV

People will be puzzled by this thread. I've been on a 24/7 temper tantrum of late and need to reign it in.

I'd like to know how the build goes too, I've always wanted to build that one but it seems a bit daunting.

If you run into trouble I'm sure Aron will help when he sees your posts. Just remember that he's in Hawaii which is a way different time zone.

Peace.

RDV

je32ff

I've made the pcb and got it mostly populated (I need to pickup a couple caps), so I should fire it up in a couple days. I'm not sure why it has such a rap as a "difficult build". It has less componenets than a lot of other stuff I've done, like my digital delay or the univibe I'm working on. Perhaps the difficulty is in balancing all the trimpot levels? I'll post my results when I get there. Jeff

343 Salty Beans

I haven't done a pedal yet that requires a trimpot. Something about them bothers me, I don't know why. I'd much rather just be able to throw in a resistor, but eh.

RDV

Quote from: Connoisseur of Distortion on February 28, 2006, 01:02:31 AM
i am already puzzled by this thread.  ;D
je32ff asked a ? and I misunderstood and gave a weird answer and got a little jumped on and proceeded to go ballistic which explains all my edits. I've been a bit testy lately.

K?

RDV

RDV

Quote from: je32ff on February 27, 2006, 06:15:31 PM
I'm not sure why it has such a rap as a "difficult build", the difficulty is in balancing all the trimpot levels?
Yeah, that's what Aron has said before. The trims being difficult to get dialed in. You may not have any problem though. When you do get it dialed in, some voltages off the trims might be helpful to people doing this one in the future. Aron would love it if we started building his designs again. He's got some good ones. I really like the sound samples for the Shaka Express.

RDV