Torchy's AMZ Mini-Booster Layout. What's "A" and "B"?

Started by vanessa, February 27, 2006, 02:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanessa

Looks like to wires off the board one marked A and the other marked B. Do this go to a switch? If so what does it do?

RDV

troubledtom

RDV

They may also be points where you could switch that cap(C6) in & out of the circuit for a switchable boost/cut.

RDV

Lurco

RDV

vanessa

I do remember someone talking about a switch mod. I can't find it when I do a search...

:icon_cry:

RDV

Quote from: vanessa on February 27, 2006, 05:02:18 PM
I do remember someone talking about a switch mod. I can't find it when I do a search...

:icon_cry:
All you'd be doing is using a switch to make or break contact between A & B either leaving in or shorting C6, it's just a moregain/lessgain mod. Just build it and take a wire from each point and stick them together and pull them apart and see what you think.

RDV

vanessa

Yes it's a gain switch. Jack talks about it here:

http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=39725.0

I'll have to check that out.

Thank you everyone!

:icon_smile:

troubledtom

Quote from: troubledtom on February 27, 2006, 04:37:20 PM
nothing, test points :icon_twisted:
         -tom

jack told me they were test points , but you can do what he posted and lower the gain.  i for one whould likely never
use that mod.
          but , if it works for you , rock on!
                               - TOM    :icon_mrgreen: :icon_razz: :icon_smile: :icon_wink:

bean

I built it with the switch. It's most noticable when stacking different effects or boosters. Nice option, but not really a whole lot of difference between them.

vanessa

Quote from: bean on February 27, 2006, 10:22:58 PM
I built it with the switch. It's most noticable when stacking different effects or boosters. Nice option, but not really a whole lot of difference between them.

Jack PM'd me and said, that they were test points or places for possible mods. One that he suggested is:

"you could use a small capacitor C6 across the source resistor and then use the A/B pads to switch in a larger value...  this would give you an option of treble boost or full range."

That sounds pretty cool.