tone bender mkII tone suggestions

Started by nag hammadi, March 03, 2006, 04:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nag hammadi

hey guys.  in LOVE with my tb mkII...

however, it is SO bright compared to the rest of my pedals that i find i have to change the settings on my amp to make up for it, and that isn't exactly coonvenient during a song.

who has experimented with darkening up this circuit?  i have looked at the simple mods on arons page.

seems that i would like to add a knob as opposed to just changing cap values.  i don't want to loose any fuzz if possible,  i just want to be able to dial out a bit of brightness when needed.

suggestions?
in the face of you all i stand defiant - subhumans

petemoore

Quote from: nag hammadi on March 03, 2006, 04:35:01 PM
hey guys.  in LOVE with my tb mkII...

however, it is SO bright compared to the rest of my pedals that i find i have to change the settings on my amp to make up for it, and that isn't exactly coonvenient during a song.
  put a cap and pot [about .1uf and 10k ...] from somewhere past Q2C, signal path to ground, this makes adjustable HF Rolloff.
  who has experimented with darkening up this circuit?  i have looked at the simple mods on arons page. Any of the Many FF Tweeks apply, Q2 and Q3 are in a FF circuit. very smallish cap to ground from input does that too,
seems that i would like to add a knob as opposed to just changing cap values.  i don't want to loose any fuzz if possible,  i just want to be able to dial out a bit of brightness when needed.
  You might want to add a cap like Axis Face's .047uf, or a .0022uf or so between Q3C/B to trim the HF content in the clipping sound to whatever you'd like as 'max Fizz' amount, then use the SP To ground method of HF Shunting to adjust from there.

suggestions?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

rockgardenlove

Using this shematic:

Try changing the .01 uf to a higher value...thats how I would do it.  Make it so the input is like this

input       
-------------0----------(on to rest of circuit)
             |
             |
             0-\/\/\/   (<-- This is a linear 250k - 1meg pot)
                 ^
                 |
               ===== (.22-.47 cap)
                 |
                 Ground this

Excuse the crappy diagram

Calamardo

I just use the caps values of Marshall Supa Fuzz and work realy well for me. You can see the info of MKII/Supa in fuzzcentral site.Cheers!

rockgardenlove

Quote from: rockgardenlove on March 03, 2006, 10:56:11 PM
Using this shematic:

Try changing the .01 uf to a higher value...thats how I would do it.  Make it so the input is like this

input       
-------------0----------(on to rest of circuit)
             |
             |
             0-\/\/\/   (<-- This is a linear 250k - 1meg pot)
                 ^
                 |
               ===== (.22-.47 cap)
                 |
                 Ground this

Excuse the crappy diagram

My picture died, its the one on on the fuzzcentral site.