True Bypass for DOD FX 60?

Started by WorkBench, March 08, 2006, 10:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkBench

I am having troubles trying to true bypass this pedal.  Any thoughts?!?  I am using the typical 3dpt wiring.  I also cannot figure out the LED with the 3dpt, because the LED in it now goes to the board.  Stumped I am!  Thanks!  There is a good picture of this in a post.  If you do a search for DOD FX 60, it comes up as the first one. titles DOD wiring help.

Chris

All good things in all good time

WorkBench

Okay, I got it to work, but I have to hit the switch twice to turn it on and off???? Any ideas.

Chris

WorkBench

Anyone?  Please!  Help!  :icon_rolleyes:

Chris

jonathan perez

i tried it the other day, and got the same thing.

gotta stomp twice to get it on.

no idea. keep trying!
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

WorkBench

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!  Why?  Why twice????

WorkBench

Surely, someone here must have an answer?!?

wampcat1

This is why you aren't getting a quick response:
http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0

In the beginners forum there is an excellent tutorial on connecting a 3pdt switch. I would check that out first. Do you have the schem? You'll need that for sure.

CS Jones

Hey guys, a little more info is needed.  Am I understanding that you've simply moved the wires from the original momentary switch onto two of the lugs of a 3pdt? If so, you've done nothing but replace what is essentially a normally open "one pole one throw" switch (the original switch) with what, in effect, becomes a latching "one pole two throw switch". The original switch normally stays open and when you push it it sends a "pulse" to the chip with every step and then it reopens waiting for the next pulse. With each pulse the chip then triggers other things down the line -  opening and closing the circuit each time you step on the switch. You're still doing this now only you may have simply added another "throw" which isn't doing anything. Your first step lets the pulse pass, turning your effect on, say - it's the "hot" throw. Your second step clicks the switch to the unused throw...doing nothing. Your third click reconnects your switch to the "hot" once again passing the next pulse which turns the effect off... back and forth like this but with every other click now instead of every click. More info is needed, please.

BTW, if this is how you wired it, you have, in no way, true bypassed the effect.

Quote"one pole one throw" switch
oops... make that 2 pole 1 throw. Got tonight's gig to a probably empty (again) club on my mind.

WorkBench

Thanks for the responses!!!  I actually wired it up like a diagram from Geofex for wiring 3dpt switches said to.  I got the input jack, the input to the board on one side, the output jack and respective output to the board on the other.  Ground goes to the jack, and I put one wire from the board that I think activates the LED, but am not certain.  Any thoughts?  Does this make sense?  Thanks!!!

Chris