Brian May Boost Question?

Started by batbag12, May 29, 2006, 09:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batbag12

Hi. I am new to the forum and to building. Ihave heard that this is a really easy pedal so i am going to try it, but i cant find some of the parts, and some of the parts I dont know what I need. Here is the link to the schematic. http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album18/BRIAN_MAY_TREBLE_BOOST_001

I cant find R3, R4, or R5. I am on the small bear electronics site. I also dont know what kind of capacitors I should use. What is the exact one since there are so many to chose from. Thanks for your help.

petemoore

Resistor packs can be had and contain those values, 1/4w resistors is what you want.
  for the BMTB, running @ 9v, 16v or higher rating is what you want, larger voltage caps mean larger size..generally, and for caps of the same type.
  alot of talk about what type of caps to use...poly...
  Metal films [closer tolerance], cost more and carbon composition caps'll work [looser tolerance]. Check the tolerances if your'e worried about it and want to be certain, I'm just typing...
  C4 and C5 will be electrolytics, which are round like that and you want 'radial' because the leads come out of one end instead of both endsof the 'barrel' shape.
  The smaller value caps can be basically any type of cap.
  Sounds like you're new, I'd read the FAQ and some GEO and...other stuff,  polarized caps need attention to the +/- orientation, and transistor pinouts need to be got from data sheet and EBC of course must be correctly connected.
  Count the connections at each node, note polarities...A node is where more than 1 parts connect.
  the vero layouts 'twist' the circuit compared to a schematic, which is more 'linear', so you have to follow traces over/around/under...which is more toward being color by number affair, and is a bit more to 'follow' than a perfboard build, which Can be linear, almost traced right off of the schematic.
   The red squares with red dots in them are trace cuts, easiest method is to drill them *just until All the Copper trace is completely eliminated.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.