those cool right angle plugs

Started by bond, March 16, 2006, 03:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bond

anyone know what/where these plugs are, i've used the search function to no avail :(

gtrmac

Search for "George L's cable". Ya gotta use the special cable and plugs together and it aint cheap.

But it's nice stuff for sure.

http://www.georgelsstore.com/home.html

bond

crikey that is expensive,
$80 to make 5patchs!! thats nuts

think i'll just buy the silver right angle ones from jaycar and try make a replacement black cover (/paint them black)

syndromet

I use George L's on my entire pedalboard.

They are realy expensive, but makes great patch-cables. The wires are way thinner than conventional cables, but exeptionaly well shielded. If I ever get problems with a bad wire, i just have to cut the wire and put the plug back in place. It's also easy to get the right lenght on these.
Even though they cost twice as much as other cables, I recomend them.
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

Doug_H

No offense, but it looks you spent more money on your cables than you did on your pedals. :icon_wink:

LOL! :icon_mrgreen:

Doug

tommy.genes

Actually, the George L's effects kit is closer to $50 retail.

Sure, you can buy a pack of five cheapo pre-made effects jumpers for about $10 or so. But you inevitably need a mix of different cable lengths to fully wire a pedal board. By the time you buy the various additional cables individually, you end up paying as much or more than you would for a couple of George L's kits.

Plus, I imagine if you actually wire up a lot of things for a living, the solderless feature of the George L's would save you a lot of time (which equals money).

Someday, I hope to have some spare cash in a weak moment so that I can buy a George L's Cable Warehouse. My cable needs would then be met for life!

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

bond

mmm i can make my own patch cables for about $1.40 each so .... (and they work fine :))

but then i saw these an thought hawwwwt, but at $50 for five patches  :icon_eek:

tommy.genes

What cable and connectors do you use to make your own, and where do you buy them?

I'm just curious - I'm not doubting your ability to make functioning cables for that price.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

syndromet

Quote from: Doug_H on March 16, 2006, 09:48:13 AM
No offense, but it looks you spent more money on your cables than you did on your pedals. :icon_wink:

LOL! :icon_mrgreen:

Doug

Yup, I do!  ;D I haven't found a pedal worth spending 150$ or more on yet. That is what the cheapest BOSS pedals cost here in Norway. I'm planing to build a DR.boogey to replace the FAB metal pedal, and a tube screamer and a blues breaker to replace the fab and daddy O, even if the danelectros sound great. The fab-series from danelectro are realy good pedals, and deffenitivly for that price. Gonna keep them as backups...
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

aron