making led blink in rebote delay 2.5

Started by bancika, March 16, 2006, 02:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

is it possible to make LED blink at same rate as delay time in rebote delay?
Tnx
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

audioguy

This would be cool... is there a mod floatinf around?

bancika

Yeah, it would, I tried connecting LED with every pin on delay chip but no luck :)

Nasse

This was discussed in a thread in the past and I think we come in conclusion that it is not easy if possible at all. There is a pin "clock out" or something on dealy ic but it is such very high freq range and not easily converted for digital readout or blinking led without much amount of circuitry microcontrollers etc etc and danger for severe clock noise on your signal. Instead big knob with visible numbers and presets with switches was suggested as result

If I remember
  • SUPPORTER

nelson

Couldnt you generate a really quick envelope signal from the delay signal alone?

Not a simple mod. But if you hooked up a simple envelope follower to be triggered by the delay signal only, you could use that to power an LED.

Just thinking out loud.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

JimRayden

I think the main intention is to see the delay time while not playing, or when bypassed. Nelson's idea requires an audio signal to be applied. Wouldn't it? And it would only work when you pick one note and mute it quickly. It doesn't sense screamin' echo leads.

----------
Jimbo

Mark Hammer

For an analog pedal, it seems to me that you only need a small handful of divide-by-10 counters (CD4017) to do this.  Divide by 10 three times in a row and you are dividing by 1000.  Given that analog delays will be clocking the range of 10khz or a little higher at longest delay times, tack on one more 4017 and divide by 3 or something, and you'll be really, really close.

As noted, though, the PT2399 is clocking at a much, much higher frequency because the internal processing required to do the sample conversion and memory-address shifting - a much bigger workload than that iposed on BBDs.  It is also not immediately clear where to tap a clock output from on the 2399.

Perhaps a more appropriate solution is to use a dual-ganged 50k pot for the delay-time control, and employ the second 50k section to set the blink rate via a 555 or something similar.  Obviously syncing the LED to a clock is more accurate, but if the intent is to give you a pretty good idea of repeat rate without having to subject an audience to your knob twiddling experiments, then a dual-ganged solution might work out well with a minimum of technology involved.

JimRayden

I was thinking about the 555 ticker also. Since the delay is "realtime", you won't need to be scientifically precise anyway. A trimpot to synchronize the tick and you're set.

Oh jolly good, I was just about to start a Rebote project, it'll be a great addition.

----------
Jimbo

jxoco

bancika

I like the idea with dual gang pot, just I haven't got enough knowledge to do it. Little drawing would be great :)

rockgardenlove

Great idea...I'd love to see a solution.

JimRayden

Expect a schemo from me in a week, as I don't currently have time to start cracking on it. I'll bookmark this thread and make sure to post the schematic. Most propably during this weekend.

----------
Jimbo

rockgardenlove

Fantastic man!  If you can get this worked out and someone will verify it, I'd love to make one of these!

JimRayden

tjcombs

Any luck with that schem? This was exactly what I was looking for!
;D
Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster
Next Project - Some sort of tube amp or mic preamp maybe?????
www.myspace.com/glorynights

Andre