DOD FX35 Octaplus

Started by Jaicen_solo, March 20, 2006, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chemosis

I also have this pedal and love the octave down but then appears the volume loss which id love to fix then appears the tone knob problem. it does nothing. yes someone should star offering mods for these at a reasonable price. I think its a great octave down because its a little different than the oc-2 or pearl oc-7 clones. its texture is a little different so its differently worth the money I bought mine for 30.00 and wont sell it but tonight ill try a boost or preamp before or after it. WONDER WHAT BOOST WOULD BE BEST FOR THE OCTAPLUS. maybe even a compressor with boost. it sure would be nice to have this pedal and a ehx LBP -1 in the same enclose since im not quite sure how to mod this or if it would even work. my dod icebox could also use a little modificatication

Mark Hammer

If you can locate U2A and R3 near it (10k), put a 22k in parallel with R3 to drop it down to just under 6k9.  That will add a little bit of gain to the input stage; hopefully just enough to fix the volume balance without messing anything else up.