Small Stone reissue help

Started by jherron, March 21, 2006, 04:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jherron

I just finished the mod to take care of the volume drop on my small stone and realized that one of the wires from the switch came disconnected. It's a NYC reissue from a couple years ago when they started using the 3pdt switches. The wire in question is the orange wire coming from the top right lug of the 3pdt switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AC30Dirty

i opened up my small stone and the wire goes from the top right lug on the switch to the far left solder joint directly above that lug. almost exactly to where its going in your picture. there is three solder joints there. It will be the one with more solder and no radial leads comming out of it.

AC30Dirty

where did you find the small stone mods for ur pedal? the only reason i had my pedal open was because i was looking for the mods for it also.

jherron

Thanks for the help, it works perfectly now.  As for the mod, I only did the volume loss mod from general guitar gadgets http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=109&Itemid=139.  It's towards the bottom of the page.    I've seen a lot of others around this forum, while searching for help to my earlier problem.

Primus

I just did this mod two days ago and it resulted in a horrible siren feedback when the color switch was engaged. What exact resistors did you replace at what values? I'd really appreciate a helping hand on this one.

D'oh!

"To fix the volume loss problem - The feedback resistor in the input gain stage is R6, 5k6 - change to 10k The mixing resistor in the feedback / color stage is R27, 2k2 - change to 5k6 " - JD Sleep