Schematic for a Low pass - High pass - Band pass filter?

Started by Bernardduur, March 25, 2006, 06:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

Hello all!

I am searching for such a device...... low pass, high pass and band pass (and switchable would be great). Anyone knows a good schematic for this?
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

George Giblet

Thou shall search for a "state variable filter" and be happy.

stm

This should make you even happier...

Available in this site...
http://hem.passagen.se/robin2/effects.htm

Bernardduur

Thanks man! It is EXACTLY what I was searching for!

Austin73

Hey Bern, let me know how you get on with the schematic. I quite fancy it myself but not got the confidence to try it yet. Does it need dual power to work?
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Bernardduur

Yes, it needs a dual voltage!

What is BTW the difference between the two? And (when it is put in a wah pedal) is the "wah" pot? The Q or the frequency?

Ben N

Get a copy of EPFM, and look for "Super Tone Control".  Paia may even still have boards or kits for it.  Also +/- voltage required.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

hank reynolds 3rd

Bernard, the wah pot would be the frequency (the dual pots are like the LDR's in a mutron/mcmeat) ...

there's a schem that uses regulators that I use for dual supplies,can't think of the link off the top of my head..similar to the one here..
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=191&Itemid=216

but I hacked the transformer off ,and used an AC wallwart

Bernardduur

Ah OK; thanks!

I will use a MAX4101 chip for the power

slacker

wouldn't it work with a single power supply if you made a 4.5volt vref and connected the last 3 opamps + inputs to that instead of ground?
The first opamp looks like it's biased by the output of the second one so that bit wouldn't need modifying.

Bernardduur

Another question: could I replace the frequency pot(s) with two LDR's....

Would love to put it in a sequenced pedal

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Bernardduur on March 26, 2006, 11:56:18 AM
Another question: could I replace the frequency pot(s) with two LDR's....

Absolutely, that was my thought immediately I saw it! In fact, you could take the LED drive from anychunk of circuit taht does it already, envelope follower, trem, whatever. Either two LDRs with the led sandwitched between them, or separate units wiht the two leds in series.

Bernardduur

Thanks. I am busy building it right now;