yet more tonebender woas!!

Started by dansamp, March 26, 2006, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dansamp

so i gave up trying to debug my first vero board tonebender mkII (by the way there was nothing wrong with the wiring) but thats another story

I built another one using a different layout
so far everything was working great but i couldn't get thethird Q's bias voltage low enough
so i wired up the l.e.d. and rewired the switch cause i had it wrong
anyway wiring is good l.e.d. is good and even the bias is right on -4.5 volts at the collector of Q3
but now the sound is very faint and weak

the only way i can get the pedal to sound the way it did before is if i touch the case of Q3 with my hand while i am holding the housing of the pedal ?????

please help before i am forced to by a kit

benfox

It's a ground problem ???!!!!! Check if every connection to ground is made (including input and output jacks)...
Check the pinout of  your trannies 3 times check you trannies if you solder and unsolder them several times maybe you burn one of them...
Triple check your wires....
Sorry for my bad english !!

dansamp

i have a feeling you are right
i was suspecting a ground problem
tranny's are good though cause they are on sockets
also i tried other tranny's and had the same problem

i will try to post pics later
Dan..........

dansamp

here is a couple of pics
hope this can help

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5325/tonebender4fe.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8352/tonebender24ws.jpg

copy and paste , they should show up

thanks for any help you can offer
Dan................

brett

Hi.
Make sure that your input and output sockets both have their earth connections wired to the circuit ground (+ and - 9V, for positive and negative earth circuit types, respectively).
PS You are obviously a good music conductor. :icon_wink:
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

dansamp

Quote from: brett on March 27, 2006, 01:30:29 AM
PS You are obviously a good music conductor. :icon_wink:
whaaaaaa???? :icon_confused:

the input jack has the ground connected at the lower left of the board at hole marked B
it is also connected to the output jack with is connected to lug 1 of the volume know and that is also connected from the board via the hole marked 18 at the lower portion of the board
the -9v l.e.d. wire is connected at the upper right side of the board right next to the battery negative lead

i think there is something missing at the input jack lug where the positive battery lead is but i can't ficure out what is missing ???

Dan...............

dansamp