News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

schematics

Started by Peter Davidoff, March 28, 2006, 03:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Davidoff

Hi everyone!

I am looking for Doug Hammond's Sweet Thing and Sweet 16 schematics!
Please help if you can!

Regards!

Mark Hammer

If it's a schematic from somebody who is a member here (or who you think might be), the safest thing to do is to check the members list and PM them and ask for a copy. There are several advantages to this:

1) If there have been changes or solid mods to the circuit since the last version was posted, you will be in a position to know about them.  remember that not everything that ended up being a good idea ends up being part of an updated drawing and posted on all sites.  Not every webmaster takes great pains to verify that everything posted is absolutely the latest or last version.

2) The developer of the circuit gets some control over the distribution of the circuit.  I know in Doug's case there was at least one circuit that he wanted to pursue in some commercial manner after it had been initially posted here.  Approaching the author/designer directly does them the courtesy of giving them some say in the matter.

3) The developer/designer gets to have some feel for who exactly is using the circuit, and the type of builder/user they are.

The downside is that you might have to wait a few days for people to get to their e-mail, but that's a small price to pay for authenticity and a happier designer community.

wampcat1

Absolutely. PLUS, since they more than likely have put countless hours into the project they can more than likely point you in a number of different directions for mods.

bw

Doug_H

I put the Sweet Thing schem back up on my web site. I created an "old stuff" section at the bottom for things I've taken apart but people still ask about.  I took the liberty of modding it a little to eliminate unnecessary components. (I apparently didn't understand source followers when I designed it, etc...reasons I took it down to begin with...) If you are using R.G.'s PCB layout, you will need to reconcile that with the schematic and make the appropriate changes.

As for the Sweet 16, you are out of luck. A) I can't locate the schem right now and B) it sounds like crap anyway.

Doug

Paul Marossy

QuoteAs for the Sweet 16, you are out of luck. A) I can't locate the schem right now and B) it sounds like crap anyway.

I remember at least a few people that liked it.  :icon_confused:

Peter Davidoff

Many thanks Doug!!

You are realy a nice guy! I read somevhere on the net that Sweet 16 sounds great That's why I asked for it!
Many thanks to Mark for his remarks and sugestions for number of schemstics I have read! They helped me a lot!

Regards!

wampcat1

Quote from: Doug_H on March 29, 2006, 02:38:53 PM
I put the Sweet Thing schem back up on my web site. I created an "old stuff" section at the bottom for things I've taken apart but people still ask about.  I took the liberty of modding it a little to eliminate unnecessary components. (I apparently didn't understand source followers when I designed it, etc...reasons I took it down to begin with...) If you are using R.G.'s PCB layout, you will need to reconcile that with the schematic and make the appropriate changes.

As for the Sweet 16, you are out of luck. A) I can't locate the schem right now and B) it sounds like crap anyway.

Doug

Hey Doug,
I'm not seeing the link...I see the title "old stuff" but nothing clickable there.
FYI  :icon_wink:

Peter Davidoff

Hi Doug,

I just visited your site but I can't locate the "Old Stuff"!

Can you help me!

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Doug_H

Okay, it's fixed. This is why I rarely update my site. What a PITA...

Doug

WGTP

I have to take exception.  The Sweet 16 was my first DIY build after a Rat rebuild and the huge chainsaw sound it made changed my life.   :icon_twisted:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Doug_H

I think it needs some high freq rolloff. Sounds way too fizzy to me. Plus, one of my issues with pedals like that is their sound makes me want to shred, but I can't really shred, so I just get frustrated.

edit: If I can find the schem I'll put it back up there. Maybe with the disclaimer that "I don't really like this pedal that much, but some people apparently do, so..."

Doug

WGTP

With my dark PV amp, the fizzies aren't a problem.  Plus, I have learned enough since then to fix them if they were.  I added a switch to by-pass the tone stack and get the straight Dual Mu-Amp sound.   As for shredding, I've spent the last 35 years practicing my scales.  :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Peter Davidoff

Many, many thanks Doug,

At last! I'v been looking for this so long! You are real gentleman! God bless you!

I will wait further for the improved schemstic of Sweet 16!

Sincere regards!

Peter