new lbp-1: what next?

Started by kvb, April 03, 2006, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kvb

My first effect completed!
LPB-1 (EH)   I used the 'IC socket trick' suggested here, and I made it as small as possible (PTP). It really does fit right on the back of the pot!

My plan is to put a silicon fuzz face circuit in the same enclosure.          FF > LPB       Both will have their own bypass switches.
This will be in the spirit of ZVEX's Box of Rock.  I think I'll call it the Retro Rocker.

Does any one have any other suggestions as to what would work well in front of the booster? 

anti-idiot

maybe something like a 'mid tone scoop'.
If I was God you'd sell your soul to...

kvb

I'm already on that.
Picked up some tone stack data  . . . and I'm going to make it modular.
(FMV) Three knobs, in - out, in a small enclosure.
That way I'll be able to put it after or before effects, or in between, etc.

RDV

I'd recommend Aron's Rocket fuzz for a second build, it's a screamer!

RDV

newperson

hi,
can you post a link to the  'IC socket trick' you are talking about?

good work on your first build.  the rocket is a good build. 

p.

phaeton

Quote from: kvb on April 03, 2006, 08:25:58 AM
Does any one have any other suggestions as to what would work well in front of the booster? 

How about an LPB-2?  :D

Seriousry...  i think you typically want to put the booster in front of everything else, but hey, there's no rules, here.  an EQ of some sort probably isn't a bad choice tho.
Stark Raving Mad Scientist

ElectricSheep

Placing the lpb-circuit on the back of the pot is a great trick for saving space. I did it on mine on contrary to my expections it's been pretty reliable. 2,5 years of heavy stage use, and it's still holding up :)

newperson

can you post a pic or a link of this on the pot?
thanks,
-p.

ElectricSheep

I've got some really bad pictures I just took with a cheap phone if you want to see it..

kvb

can you post a link to the  'IC socket trick' you are talking about?

I guess its called a DIP socket: it's on the beginner's project page. It allows one to build the thing without frying the transistor.
can you post a pic or a link of this on the pot?
sorry, I wish I could.   I just made the thing point to point, so it's as small as possible. When I attached it to the pot-lugs, it just made sense to push it up and on to the top of the pot (covered with electrical tape).

Quoteput the booster in front of everything else

I'm not using the boost to drive my lines. I'm blasting my modded Epi valve jr.   

newperson

maybe i misunderstood you.  is the whole board mounted onto a IC socket?  i am not seeing the project on that page.  is it the main 1st project that you are talking about?
thanks,

kvb

forum index page

Go to Beginner Project
scroll down this page 2: The Schematic and parts list     - - These links don't seem to be working - -

There is no board.

Everything is soldered together by the leads.  The socket is soldered on in the transistor's place. When you're all done, just pop in the transistor.

newperson

ok, that clears it up.  i was understanding that somehow a IC socket was used as a board and all the parts was put into it, then it was soldered onto a pot.  my imagination ran away with this one.  thanks for clearing it up.
-p.