BC109C tranny's HELP!!!!!!

Started by AC30Dirty, April 04, 2006, 12:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC30Dirty

Hey guys, I 'm in search for some BC109C or BC109B transistors for my wah pedal that I'm mooding to original McCoy specs. Do you know where I could find any; or an equivalent to these? Thanks

pyrop

Small Bear sells BC10x workalikes.
Futurlec sells BC108, BC109 & BC109C. Search here for Futurlec and use at your own risk(I've had no major dramas with them)
There will be others that sell them but I don't know who.

Might help if you tell where in the world you live too

pyrop ;D 

cbriere

i saw some guy who used BC549C as a replacement for BC109C in a Colorsound Overdriver.
a close match is the 2N5088. compare the hfe specs.
i re-found the site:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledine/greenfuz/overdrv.html

AC30Dirty

Thanks Guys! I live here in the great old U S of A. I was just wondering, do these transistors really make that muchof a difference in the wah circuit? I read at Fuzz Central that this change adds to the bass response wich is what im mainly curious about. Thanks

smallbearelec

The work-alikes that I offer are old-stock silicon that is tested to the spec of the BC10x devices. According to a number of boutique pedal-makers who have been happy with them, they sound different from the modern re-makes in the TO-92 plastic packages. The reason, to paraphrase some things that R. G. Keen has mentioned, is that transistor manufacturing processes today are much different from what they were 30 years ago. A modern device with the same gain will work, but the NOS device may have some manufacturing artifacts that give the output a tone quality you like; not magic, just slight differences in electrical parameters.

Regards
Steve Daniels

dansamp

I purchased some BC109 tranny's in TO5 cases in the hopes of using them for modding a Vox reissue wha
would these work ??

gtrmac

Stuart Castledine sells them and other Wah parts on his website:

http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/

I bought a bunch and modded my Vox Wah and it sounds great now.

Austin73

check out the thread I started called components on ebay, you might find it of interest!

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

boogietube

I have some. You pay the postage and I'll give you 5 or 6.
Sean
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808